Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Derek R
Zealot
Derek R began at the beginning.

Device: none
Default line-height in epubs

I am a relative novice to epub creation and I'm unsure if or how to set the line-height for a publication. My current thinking is to leave it out entirely and let the reading device use its default setting. Is this good practice or are there associated difficulties with it? Or should the line-height be set to:

line-height:inherit ?

What I am essentially looking for is the safest way to avoid line-height problems across the various reading devices.
Derek R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
There shouldn't be any need to specify a line-height (besides, it's so dependent on the actual font being used, that I think it's silly), unless you are after some special effect (for example, I set "line-height: 0" in superscripts, to avoid uneven line spacing).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Derek R
Zealot
Derek R began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you, Jellby, that was my thinking too - but the tip about superscript is good - up until now I have been using square brackets to signify in text notes on my website to avoid that very line spacing problem.
Derek R is offline   Reply With Quote