Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
SamL
I mess around with Epubs
SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: mac, ipad, nook, kindle
iTunes Producer Error

I'm trying to upload my book through iTunes producer. I have done two similar books, and never encountered an error. But this time I am getting:

Quote:
ERROR ITMS-9000: "image file OEBPS/images/StPetersburg.jpg is too short" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)
anyone know what this means? Is it referring to the image size, the file name, the people's height in the image?

Thanks for any help!
SamL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
SamL
I mess around with Epubs
SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: mac, ipad, nook, kindle
I think this guy may be involved in some way, but not sure

SamL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
MattHorner
MattHorner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamL View Post
I'm trying to upload my book through iTunes producer. I have done two similar books, and never encountered an error. But this time I am getting:

anyone know what this means? Is it referring to the image size, the file name, the people's height in the image?

Thanks for any help!
I get this too - did you find a solution?
MattHorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
The iTunes Publisher User Guide, version 1.4 says cover art must be a minimum of 600 px in the larger dimension. How does your image compare to this?
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
MattHorner
MattHorner began at the beginning.

Hi again,

Apple came back with the following solution (and within 24 hours which must be some sort of record for them...):

-------
We are further investigating this issue. We would however, suggest doing the following:
1. Quit iTunes Producer.
2. Open Terminal (Terminal is located at Applications > Utilities)
3. Type "java" at the Unix prompt and hit return

Once the installation is finished, please re-open iTunes Producer. Once you have logged back in to iTunes Producer 2.4, please redeliver your title.

-------

This worked for me.
MattHorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
kindleexpert
Kindle Expert
kindleexpert began at the beginning.

iBooks producer ERROR ITMS-9000: File given does not match type: JPEG Image

The actual entire error I was getting: ERROR ITMS-9000: "File given does not match type: JPEG Image" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

I tried several things, but ultimately the fix seemed to come after I changed the cover to a .png file (instead of a .jpg).

Just in case anyone hasn't tried that fix yet. Let others know if that also resolves the problem for you.

Regards,
Brian Schwartz
www.KindleExpert.com
kindleexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
nargyris
nargyris began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Try resizing cover art file to less than 2000 pixels larger side. Worked for me.
nargyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nargyris View Post
Try resizing cover art file to less than 2000 pixels larger side. Worked for me.
That's a rather bad idea. It's going to look awful on an iPad.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
nargyris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's a rather bad idea. It's going to look awful on an iPad.
I was actually referring to the book cover file that is used for iTunes etc. Not the one included in your epub.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nargyris View Post
I was actually referring to the book cover file that is used for iTunes etc. Not the one included in your epub.
iTunes gets the cover art from the larger image inside the eBook. So there is no need to make an icon sized cover image. All that does is make the eBook larger then it needs to be.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
nargyris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
iTunes gets the cover art from the larger image inside the eBook. So there is no need to make an icon sized cover image. All that does is make the eBook larger then it needs to be.
I'm sorry, it seems we are not understanding each other.

Regardless of the image file included in the epub (intended for cover art), iTunes Producer requires a JPG file in the Assets tab, in order to upload to iTunes. If THAT file, is bigger than 2000 pixels on its bigger side, the error message appears.