Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-20-2020, 06:15 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
(In USA) Fire and Kindle sale

Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite are marked down $20 and $30 respectively, Fire tablets are also marked down. Trade-in discount gets another 20% + $10.

I wound up getting an HD8 Plus for about $63, trading in a 3rd gen HD7.

I would have been happy to trade in my HD8 7th gen, but would have gotten only $10 for it (same as the older Fire). A couple of weeks ago it would have merited a $30 gift card (but no discount), so I’ll hang onto it for now in case that offer happens again. The battery drains very quickly (100 to 0 in 3 or 4 days if not turned off), compared to the much older one I’m trading in (still at 40% 2 weeks after last full charge). I think having in the charging Dock continuously for a year (in Show mode) did in the battery. I probably paid twice as much for it than I’m paying for the new HD8 Plus.

I won’t be getting a dock for this one, hopefully it will hold a charge much better in sleep mode. My expectations are pretty low, but I like having a Fire around even if I don’t use it much. The wireless charging will be nice to have.

Is there any point to removing Special Offers? Lock Screen offers don’t bother me, but is there any other behavior affected if you remove them? I don’t have any basis for comparison as I’ve never removed them from Fire.

It is interesting that they don’t offer trade in discount on Fire Phone (I have 3, each of which was $99 by the time I bought them). It is as if they don’t want to admit that they ever produced one.

Last edited by tomsem; 07-20-2020 at 06:19 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote