Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
rbmbma
rbmbma began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I downloaded a free book from Amazon...

I downloaded the Calibre software today. I want to be able to convert Kindle books to read on my Nook Color. I downloaded a free book from Amazon today, using the "Get Books" command. I know that I have it in my Amazon Library, but how do I get it into my calibre library list. I am sorry for such a basic question. I watched the video twice and it doesn't explain how the books get from Amazon to Calibre. Thank you, in advance.
rbmbma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
You have to download the free Kindle for PC/Mac application and then you can send the book from the Manage Your Kindle section of your Amazon account to that application, which gets the book file on your computer. Once you have the .azw file on your computer you can load it into calibre, although there are extra steps if the book isn't DRM-free and you want to convert it for your nook.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
rbmbma
rbmbma began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thanks...worked like a charm.
rbmbma is offline   Reply With Quote