Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #31
juantxu3
juantxu3 began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
I was in the same situation that you, and finally it was worked!

That´s all right!
juantxu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #32
Alcuith
Enthusiast
Alcuith began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Iliad, Cool-er
Nice one mate, when I extracted it created a Cooler Update folder and didn't unpack to the SD root. Have moved the stuff up one directory and using my three hands updated as per the instructions.

The firmware update is pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
I'm with Panda - did you unpack everything correctly?
The firmware files (inside the archive) need to be extracted to the root of your SD card, so you'll see the files/directories below as soon as you click on the sd card.
Code:
ap   dev      etc    font   home  linuxrc     mnt  proc  sbin  tmp  var
bin  ebrmain  files  fonts  lib   lost+found  pic  root  sys   usr
Alcuith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #33
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
Yay for everyone
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #34
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
My Cool-er died after 3 weeks luckily after I got home from holiday. The screen started fading, could this have been due to bright sunlight? Do I need to be on holiday in the shade?? It has now, luckily, been replaced by Argos as I was within my 30 days. I have updated it to the new firmware and wow what a difference. Lets hope it lasts longer than 22 days . . . . I only read 12 books.
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:37 AM   #35
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
My first cool-er died after 11 days. My second lasted 2 months. Argos replaced both without an argument. I think you´ll find that the Argos guarantee is for 12 months - and each time they´ve replaced one, they´ve started the clock again for the guarantee by giving me a new receipt.

I am soooo glad I decided to buy mine at Argos! The cool-er is a great ebook reader - but seems to have been plagued by reliability problems.

I´m glad you got through your holiday with it!
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #36
jackau
Connoisseur
jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cool-er / Mac Mini / Satio / Notebook
some one here once said Cooler's ODM Netronix has a yeild fail rate of 20%, and that was NOT regarding profuct that ships but products that fail internal quality test off production line....

Makes me wonder how they make $ with such excellent quality control...

My cooler still works... but i did not read as many books as the rest of you...
jackau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #37
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
Thanks I'll remember the good news about Argos but I hope i won't need it!
Anyone any thoughts on sunlight damaging the screen or should I be asking that away from this firmware thread?
Happy reading!
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #38
KimnCocoa
KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle Keyboard & 2 Coolers
Ok did my update and it went OK... but this was my first one and I have a question. It zapped all the books except the ones that came with the cooler originally (I had backed them up so didn't lose any.) Does it always zap the books or did I do something wrong?
KimnCocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #39
juantxu3
juantxu3 began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
I believe that ever you must backup the books before the update of firmware
juantxu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:55 AM   #40
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimnCocoa View Post
Ok did my update and it went OK... but this was my first one and I have a question. It zapped all the books except the ones that came with the cooler originally (I had backed them up so didn't lose any.) Does it always zap the books or did I do something wrong?

It should always delete any previous settings, including new books, when you do a firmware update. Just make sure to save your new books to your computers harddrive and it should be fine.

Its very common for devices to lose data and settings when you do a firmware update.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #41
labzuk
Enthusiast
labzuk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505 - Iliad
Mine broke today i'll try to have it replaced at Argos asap

Very very sad ... I'm going to have to finish my book on my laptop.
labzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #42
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
Quote:
Mine broke today i'll try to have it replaced at Argos asap

Very very sad ...
So sorry to hear of yet another cool-er going belly up.

How long had you had yours?

best,
Pamela
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #43
labzuk
Enthusiast
labzuk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505 - Iliad
Only 3 months, but this time it looks like the display died, the middle of the screen doesn't refresh anymore.
labzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #44
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

flashing

Well I finally downloaded the new firmware and am in the process of flashing it. I have to say that the button combination is a challenge to be sure! I tried to do it by myself and it did not work, had to recruit a family member to help out.

Hopefully the new firmware will work great!

Amy
Old 04-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #45
sassanik
Guru

update

So I did the firmware update and so far everything is fine, though I must admit I don't like the Cool-er logo on the screen when you turn the device off.

I do think the screen refresh time is improved and this version does default you back to the book you were previously reading which is very nice as well.

Amy