Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
hemipod
hemipod began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
cool 5-way tricks

just got my kindle 2 and loving it. Stumbled on some neat tricks that really make sense.

you can get to search by **just typing**. In the home screen with all your books, it searches through your stuff. in a book, it just searches within that book.

but there's a funny little arrow on the right side of the search box--if you move the joystick to that arrow, you will see a bunch of other options. that's awesome.

in a book, if you start making a highlight, but you don't finish (don't click to end the highlight), you can press the keyboard like you're making a note, and it **cuts and pastes** into the search box!

if you're in home and change the sort to author or title, and press a letter key, it asks you if want to jump to your items that start with that letter. Also if you got a bunch of pages of stuff, typing a number will jump you to that page. I downloaded a zillion samples and these tricks are super handy.

Folders! please.

i noticed the funny arrow on both left and right side of each item in home--tried it and got a short-cut to delete stuff and a way to view the cover. neat. especially the delete part. handy.

anyways, i will post more tricks if I can find them. might already be in the user guide, but i never read those and prefer to poke around myself

by the way, i'm new to this forum and it's really cool. never thought i'd get an ereader, but not regretting that decision.
hemipod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Cool! Makes me want to get one to play with.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 03:50 AM   #3
joshewah
joshewah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 & 2
I like how when you have an item selected in the home screen, you can do left on the 5-way to delete or right to see info about the book.
joshewah is offline   Reply With Quote