Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #601
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For the 3.0.0 firmware release, the two versions I've seen are found at:

For the original Touch (N905/N905B)
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-3.0.0.zip

For the Touch N905C, Glo and Aura HD. This should also work for the Mini but I don't have one to test with and so far, there's been no feedback from a Mini owner.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 11-14-2013 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Added Glo and Aura HD as targets
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:22 AM   #602
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
This has been released for the touch. And yes it has pocket. and a home screen like the Aura HD,Aura, and Glo

regards

Jack
have they brought the stats for sideloaded kepubs back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

For the Touch N905C, Glo and Aura HD. This should also work for the Mini but I don't have one to test with and so far, there's been no feedback from a Mini owner.

Regards,
David
this last one for the Mini? I'd love to be able to use Pocket, but I hate losing the stats...
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2013, 03:29 AM   #603
boh!
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

Regards,
David
Thank you very much!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #604
Friedelxt
Friedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura (not hd), kindle "schokowhite" pw2
And Aura (no HD)?
Friedelxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #605
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I've updated the first post with the 3.0.0 release.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #606
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: I divide my time between Ormidon, Ximerion and Antwerp, Belgium
Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra H2O
I just updated my Kobo Glo from 2.5.2 to 2.10.0.

It seems the top-margin is gone.

I'm a writer and I format my own books.

I already hard coded a left and right margin of 10px, since if I don't, on some devices (like the Sony) the text will cling to the sides of the screen.
I now put in a top margin of 15px and a bottom margin of 5 px (since there is a bottom margin.

Two questions:

1. Would this be good general values? Or do people prefer no margins at all?

2. Is there a reason Kobo has a user setting for the left/right margins, but not for top/bottom ones? Or is there an "under the hood" way?
Andrew Ashling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #607
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Hi Andrew,

The big top margin in epubs was only there for one or to firmware versions. Plus one where the book title was displayed.

I prefer no margins. I think that the Kobo devices handle the left and right well, so I can adjust them.

For the top and bottom and bottom margins, I have wondered why Kobo don't have options for them. Or adjust them with the side margins. But, because of the page numbers at the bottom, it probably isn't needed as that forces space. The top margin is about right for me, but I could understand wanting a few extra pixels.

I just tried you settings on my Glo. They are just a little bit more than I would like. I think on the lower resolution Touch, they would be to much. I don't have the Touch with me to test.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:04 AM   #608
jfcool
jfcool began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
I updated my Kobo Glo (N613) from 2.8.1 to 3.0.0 but i have the same problem that 2.10.0. The brightness returns to 1% as soon as I turn off and I turn on light.

I was hoping that 3.0.0 would fix that but not. I returned to 2.8.1 and I don't have that. I'll stay with it until the day they'll take this problem into consideration because it's not acceptable for me to adjust the brightness every time I turn on the light.

Especially as it flashes in 1% and I have to set it to at least 3% minimum for a stable illumination.

Last edited by jfcool; 11-16-2013 at 07:17 AM.
jfcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:15 AM   #609
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Hi Andrew,

The big top margin in epubs was only there for one or to firmware versions. Plus one where the book title was displayed.

I prefer no margins. I think that the Kobo devices handle the left and right well, so I can adjust them.

For the top and bottom and bottom margins, I have wondered why Kobo don't have options for them. Or adjust them with the side margins. But, because of the page numbers at the bottom, it probably isn't needed as that forces space. The top margin is about right for me, but I could understand wanting a few extra pixels.

I just tried you settings on my Glo. They are just a little bit more than I would like. I think on the lower resolution Touch, they would be to much. I don't have the Touch with me to test.
Thanks.

It's all a question of personal preferences, I suppose. I like margins on all sides. I also liked the feature where each page showed the title on top. I really wish Kobo would let users decide about top and bottom margins. And about what shows on the home screen (don't get me started).

I think I'd better code like I used to (bottom/top: 0; right/left: 10px), and for myself revert to 2.5.2.

* I can't see any killer features, or maybe I just missed them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcool View Post
I updated my Kobo Glo (N613) from 2.8.1 to 3.0.0 but
I returned to 2.8.1 and I don't have that.
* Is it really necessary to do a factory reset, or can I just use the normal procedure to revert to an earlier version of the firmware?

Last edited by Andrew Ashling; 11-15-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:52 AM   #610
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Ashling View Post
Thanks.

It's all a question of personal preferences, I suppose. I like margins on all sides. I also liked the feature where each page showed the title on top. I really wish Kobo would let users decide about top and bottom margins. And about what shows on the home screen (don't get me started).
Personal preference has a big affect on things like this. Having the title on the screen is something waver on. I missed it when I first started using my Kobos. Now it doesn't bug me either way. It is something that would be good to make optional.
Quote:
I think I'd better code like I used to (bottom/top: 0; right/left: 10px), and for myself revert to 2.5.2.

* I can't see any killer features, or maybe I just missed them?
Pocket is probably the thing most people are raving about. There are enough other changes that I wouldn't go back. You would have to look through the release threads to see if there something you want.
Quote:

* Is it really necessary to do a factory reset, or can I just use the normal procedure to revert to an earlier version of the firmware?
Unfortunately, yes. There was a change in how Kobo built the firmware with the 2.6.x firmware that meant going back without a factory reset wasn't safe.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #611
jfcool
jfcool began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Ashling View Post
I used the normal procedure and no problem for me (Glo N613). Everything works as before : all my font settings, light, etc. (2.8.1 > 3.0.0 and 3.0.0 > 2.8.1 b2c05cda0e, 20/09/13).

This trip will at least have the advantage of making me appreciate my kobo as it was

Last edited by jfcool; 11-15-2013 at 06:33 AM.
jfcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #612
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur

@davidfor & jfcool

Thank you for your help and quick replies.

FYI:

I tried to revert through the normal procedure and my Kobo got stuck.
Did a factory reset fidgeting with the power and light switches.
Installed firmware 2.5.2.
I have my "old" Kobo back.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #613
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi !

Do you know if delete easily the bookmarks with menu when we use the main memory (this is an add-on brought by FW 2.8.1) will be OK with the next FW (after 3.0.0) ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #614
MetalOllie
MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.MetalOllie knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi,

Ive updated my Kobo Touch (905C) to 3.0, and everything, including Pocket works well. The device also seems noticably quicker. The only problem I have is, since the update, book covers are no longer displayed while in standby, only a text summary of the title and book format. Can anyone advise how to get proper book covers back?

Thanks!
MetalOllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #615
russellcwarren
russellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo mini
i tried the 3.0 firmware on my mini and it broke it. wifi stopped working, so did usb also the home screen images where to large. so it was out with the screwdriver to fix it.
russellcwarren is offline   Reply With Quote