Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #586
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
This might depend from where you upgraded. Your Touch has been on 2.9.0, I guess.
Yes, the Touch was on 2.9.0.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #587
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
In Ham/CB radio terms it means Wife. Not sure if that's what he meant or not.
That's the way I was using it. XYL was just shorter than SWMBO. Though I haven't done anything with ham radio in more years than I care to recall, some of the terms still stick with me.

I borrowed SWMBO from Rumpole though I suspect that John Mortimer borrowed it from H. Rider Haggards' She.

Regards,
David
Advert
Old 11-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #588
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Calibre however does not recognize the data base, I am sure this will be resolved in its next iteration. Have not checked shelf access time as yet. But so far so good. I do like the boot up time, mind you that was from the update immediately so not sure what would happen on a full power cycle as yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
I'd like to ask a question before I consider upgrading directly through the links in the first post. Does Calibre KoboTouch driver (and also the modified KoboTouchExtended driver) support 2.10.0?
The KoboTouch driver in calibre 1.9.0 supports firmware 2.10.0.

The extended driver only supports at 2.9.0. But, there are no changes in the firmware that will affect its function. It is safe to use the "Support newer firmware" option in the driver configuration dialog.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:48 AM   #589
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2, Elipsa, Sage
Just went from 2.9 to 2.10 to get rid of the more and more annoying bug that meant having to tap systematically twice top center then once in the page to get the page instead of "chargement..." (I assume "loading" for English speaking users). It seems to be less frequent, but I've just had it, so not completely resolved.

Otherwise few UI differences, and I like not having to change too many of my reading reflexes.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:18 AM   #590
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Quote:
Does it not have the menu entry for Pocket at all? Or does it have the menu entry, but does not work? On the Touch, there is the Pocket menu entry, but I did not try yet. The new dictionary function works definitely on the Touch.
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I didn't see any indication for Pocket anywhere - not in Accounts settings, not on the home screen, not in the browser - despite the firmware version showed 2.10 and "Extras" turned to "Beta Features".

Where is it supposed to be?
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2013, 04:01 AM   #591
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
I didn't see any indication for Pocket anywhere - not in Accounts settings, not on the home screen, not in the browser - despite the firmware version showed 2.10 and "Extras" turned to "Beta Features".

Where is it supposed to be?
On the Touch: Home > Library > Articles from Pocket.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:23 AM   #592
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
On the Touch: Home > Library > Articles from Pocket.
for me its also in settings under reading settings!!
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #593
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I tried it on a Touch B using KoboRoot.tgz
Would be interesting whether your Touch B does still accept to process KoboRoot.tgz files, cf. this post.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #594
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The KoboTouch driver in calibre 1.9.0 supports firmware 2.10.0.

The extended driver only supports at 2.9.0. But, there are no changes in the firmware that will affect its function. It is safe to use the "Support newer firmware" option in the driver configuration dialog.
Thanks. Manually upgraded without trouble.
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #595
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Hi,

Updated to 2.10 (KoboRoot.tgz only) on my Touch original with no problems. All seems to work fine. Will experiment with pocket as it appears in menus as noted above.

----> Pocket works.

Last edited by volpo; 11-06-2013 at 09:01 PM.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #596
Geeky
Enthusiast
Geeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdom

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
Hi,

Updated to 2.10 (KoboRoot.tgz only) on my Touch original with no problems. All seems to work fine. Will experiment with pocket as it appears in menus as noted above.

----> Pocket works.
Hi,
does "Touch original" refer to a N905 device (first units sold)? I got one as well and am interested in upgrading. Which firmware were you running beforehand?
I'm on 2.5.2 now.
Geeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #597
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
Hi,
does "Touch original" refer to a N905 device (first units sold)? I got one as well and am interested in upgrading. Which firmware were you running beforehand?
I'm on 2.5.2 now.
From reports, 2.10.0 will load on the N905 and N905B. This was using only the KoboRoot.tgz file (do not copy the upgrades directory or the md5sum file).

Regards,
David
Old 11-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #598
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
Hi,
I'm on 2.5.2 now.
I have one and yes the update works well, including Pocket. Use Koboroot.tgz only.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #599
ronstoppabl3
ronstoppabl3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
I have one and yes the update works well, including Pocket. Use Koboroot.tgz only.
I can confirm as well that it is working on my Touch 905C model. Pocket works too (so far so good, signing in at the moment), and it appears in the root of Settings
ronstoppabl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #600
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Firmware 3.0.0 0cbc3626b3

This has been released for the touch. And yes it has pocket. and a home screen like the Aura HD,Aura, and Glo

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote