Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 07:52 PM   #76
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Seems quite friendly and comfortable. Good job!
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:48 PM   #77
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I have rewritten KoboFirmware from scratch. It now has a cards view as well, it loads faster, and the filter works better. Please try it out and tell me if there any issues, or if you have any suggestions for improvement. Try out the new version here.

Also, do you think the ad I put in the top right is too distracting?
Looks good. The only issues I have with it are related to the affiliates. There is nowhere on the main page a statement of which affiliate is being used for the testing. That is important in explaining to people why they aren't getting the firmware delivered to their device. With that, the "Other versions" button should be "Other affiliates". When I clicked that button, I was actually expecting a list of older versions. And with the way it is, if all affiliates are delivering the same version, then a message stating that would be better than the list of identical versions. Having the list does imply there is a reason for it and that the firmware might be different.

It would be good to include some other information or links to it. For example, a link to the MR Wiki page with the list of all firmware versions. That has links to download the older firmware and to discussion about them. And I think a link to more details installation instructions. Strictly, what you have is enough, but there plenty of posts here from people who have done the wrong thing based on similar instructions here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:49 AM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Thanks! Have you tested the filtering yet (especially linking to it)? I am still not completely sure how stable it is.
The filtering works well.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:14 AM   #79
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Looks good. The only issues I have with it are related to the affiliates. There is nowhere on the main page a statement of which affiliate is being used for the testing. That is important in explaining to people why they aren't getting the firmware delivered to their device. With that, the "Other versions" button should be "Other affiliates". When I clicked that button, I was actually expecting a list of older versions. And with the way it is, if all affiliates are delivering the same version, then a message stating that would be better than the list of identical versions. Having the list does imply there is a reason for it and that the firmware might be different.

It would be good to include some other information or links to it. For example, a link to the MR Wiki page with the list of all firmware versions. That has links to download the older firmware and to discussion about them. And I think a link to more details installation instructions. Strictly, what you have is enough, but there plenty of posts here from people who have done the wrong thing based on similar instructions here.
Thanks for your detailed review. I actually noticed the issues with users expecting the other versions, not the affiliates in my analytics. I have added a button to show affiliates, and a new button to show all other versions. I will also be adding a view forum button too later.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:16 AM   #80
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have released another major update. It now has a button to show ALL past firmware versions for a device. Please test it and tell me what you think.

It excludes versions which have been known to cause issues in devices, such as the recent black screen one.

The firmwares before 2014 are from the wiki, after that, it is from my script.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:19 AM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have released another major update. It now has a button to show ALL past firmware versions for a device. Please test it and tell me what you think.

It excludes versions which have been known to cause issues in devices, such as the recent black screen one.

Where you have other affiliates and other releases, you have a download link. Can you also have a release notes link if possible? Also, for the BBCode link, can you surround here with a box like the other links?
Old 09-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #82
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Where you have other affiliates and other releases, you have a download link. Can you also have a release notes link if possible? Also, for the BBCode link, can you surround here with a box like the other links?
I only have release note links for the other affiliates. If you have the other ones, or know where to find them, I can add them.

What do you mean by "Also, for the BBCode link, can you surround here with a box like the other links?"?
Old 09-24-2017, 11:47 AM   #83
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I only have release note links for the other affiliates. If you have the other ones, or know where to find them, I can add them.
Maybe the release not links are in the MR Wiki? But even if we cannot get the release notes link, we have the link for the current release notes and that can be used when the current firmware is no longer the current firmware.

Quote:
What do you mean by "Also, for the BBCode link, can you surround here with a box like the other links?"?
Like the download link.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:52 AM   #84
geek1011
Wizard

Also, should I add an export function to export the firmware info as csv or json?
Old 09-24-2017, 12:25 PM   #85
geek1011
Wizard

I have added a tooltip showing the affiliates with the latest version to the firmware version column.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #86
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:

Looks good, keep up the good work.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:49 PM   #87
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Looks good, keep up the good work.
Thanks!
Old 09-24-2017, 03:55 PM   #88
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'm not sure there is any point keeping the beta affiliate..
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:48 PM   #89
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm not sure there is any point keeping the beta affiliate..
There was a time recently where beta was the only way to get the latest firmware until it got to other affiliates.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:34 AM   #90
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Firmwares 3.17-3.19.5613 did not release to Kobo Mini, you may want to remove them or add clarification.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
download, firmware, kobo