Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-09-2019, 04:33 AM   #76
Dav_25
Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The One Thing this phone is missing is a reasonable price. $350??? They're out of their minds if they think it's worth $350.
True, $350 sounds far too much... It is an interesting idea though.
Dav_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:07 AM   #77
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
They have competition: Kingrow K1 E INK Android Smartphone. It's $300. A deal!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2019, 01:03 PM   #78
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
They have competition: Kingrow K1 E INK Android Smartphone. It's $300. A deal!
A phone without GPS no google maps and of course no maps in the screen of the car... And no video because of Eink.
May be somebody don't care about it but I find this limitations a serious obstacle in buying it.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:42 AM   #79
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Also Edge Browser????
I'll stick with my €100 Alcatel and my dedicated ebook readers!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:16 AM   #80
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
A phone without GPS no google maps and of course no maps in the screen of the car... And no video because of Eink.
May be somebody don't care about it but I find this limitations a serious obstacle in buying it.
If you are refering to k1, i took one from the indiegogo campaign.
Of course it has gps and google maps/ osmand / waze work fine.

I won't suggest it for watching movies, though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vvf9TJzBNI
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2019, 06:40 AM   #81
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
Also Edge Browser????
I'll stick with my €100 Alcatel and my dedicated ebook readers!
Without Play certification they would be google-less.
Not necessarily by choice.
So their pre-installed browser choices start with Edge or Firefox and of those Edge probably brings the most $upport. (The email app name is blurred but it doesn't look like Gmail.)

That's how the android game plays out.

Last edited by fjtorres; 11-11-2019 at 06:43 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:32 AM   #82
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Without Play certification they would be google-less.
Not necessarily by choice.
So their pre-installed browser choices start with Edge or Firefox and of those Edge probably brings the most $upport. (The email app name is blurred but it doesn't look like Gmail.)

That's how the android game plays out.
I will never suggest k1 to non technical people until, if ever, they will fix the software.
But the device is really not bad.

The software still need heavy adjustments, they didn't put an indipendent a2 software toggle. (it's somehow integrated in the ugly launcher) and the device lacks a GSF id, so you can't manually register it, the way for example, Onyx does.

Anyway i'm using it as my main dual sim, 4g phone, in Europe, and 98% of android apps can be sideloaded and works fine.
Google maps works, though not logged in.
Gmail is standard IMAP so it works with alternate client.
Youtube alternate clients works, but ....it's eink.
The single biggest annoyance so far is google contacts/calendar that can't be really kept sync with the phone.
You have to rely on different caldav/cardav solutions.

Of course for podcast, books and newspaper it's great
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:54 AM   #83
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
If you are refering to k1, i took one from the indiegogo campaign.
Of course it has gps and google maps/ osmand / waze work fine.

I won't suggest it for watching movies, though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vvf9TJzBNI
Well, I read the article, and it says: "The lack of the Google Play and a GPS system might be deal breakers for some."

But of course if You own it the article is not correct in that part.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:43 AM   #84
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
For people in the U.S., note that the Kingrow K1 doesn't support U.S. LTE bands. Not sure about 3G bands, but when I looked into this, it seemed not compatible. Plus a Kingrow person answered directly that No, they don't support U.S. bands.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote