Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-06-2019, 01:31 AM   #1
tamarissa
Connoisseur
tamarissa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Column Built From Other Column Formula Adjustment

I have this formula that I use to put a collection into my eReader from a column, and it works just fine. I get an end result of "R - Tag" or "N - Tag", which is what I want. However, if none of the conditions are met, I just get an R or N (which is also technically correct, but I'd prefer if it just stayed blank if that's the case). Is there a way to make it so that the field remains blank if there are no matching tag criteria?

Code:
{#read_status:}{:'list_item(list_intersection(field("tag"),sublist("Tag  1,Tag 2,Tag 3,",0,0,","), ","),0,",")'| - |}
tamarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:15 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
This should do it assuming I understand your requirements, specifically that the R or N appears only when there is a matching tag.
Code:
program:
	x=list_item(
		list_intersection(
			field("tag"),
			"Tag 1,Tag 2, Tag 3",
			","),
		0,",");
	test(x, strcat(field('#mybool'), ' - ', x), '')
Note that you don't need to explicitly create a list (your use of sublist). A string of SEPARATOR-separated values works.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:18 AM   #3
tamarissa
Connoisseur

Yes, it sounds like you are understanding what I'm after, but I just tried your suggestion, and unfortunately, it didn't work for me... This is what the template tester said was wrong:

Quote:
EXCEPTION: Value: unknown field #mybool
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.13.55 PM.png
Views:	80
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	175406  
Old 12-07-2019, 04:21 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
those were placeholder names for custom field TYPES

change the #mybool to the name of your Boolean field's (Y/N) name
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:27 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
those were placeholder names for custom field TYPES

change the #mybool to the name of your Boolean field's (Y/N) name
This is correct. I didn't have a column #read_status so I used #mybool instead to test it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #6
tamarissa
Connoisseur

Ah, I see... worked perfectly once I changed it to my '#read_status'. Thanks so much for your help!