Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-05-2019, 12:40 AM   #1
xversion1
Enthusiast
xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Can I somehow save highlights and notes of the books which not Amazon's

With the books I got from Amazon I can sync highlights and notes, which means if I change my Kindle, I can still have those highlights and notes on the new one.
But there are books I downloaded from other sources and sideloaded them to my Kindle, is there any way I could save highlights and notes of those books to my computer so if I copy them to another device, I can still have those highlights and notes?
xversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:42 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Yes, they are stored in the <name-of-the-book>.sdr subfolders in the documents folder.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:09 AM   #3
xversion1
Enthusiast
xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Yes, they are stored in the <name-of-the-book>.sdr subfolders in the documents folder.
So I just need to copy those files along with the books? Can I do it automatically via Calibre?
Old 12-05-2019, 05:26 PM   #4
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
Calibre has or at least had a Send to device | Fetch annotations menu that would copy these. I haven't looked at or used that feature for quite a while so you will want to confirm those details which may vary with the version of Calibre you use.

Alternately most file sync programs e.g. FreeFileSync would easily keep an up to date copy of the .sdr subfolders for you.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:31 AM   #5
xversion1
Enthusiast

Thank guys!