Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-18-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
HeatherM
HeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notes

Device: cybook gen3
Patrick O'Brian ebooks?

Hi there, does anyone know who might supply Patrick O'Brian's fabulous Aubrey-Maturin historical novels on ebook?

I'm looking for a reputable supplier and am working my way thru' hard copy no. 2 from the library but like to buy all 21 in the set as ebooks.

The first book, "Master & Commander" had me hooked, and as I have sworn off buying anymore hard copies (now I have my CyBook), I contacted the publisher (Harper Collins, London) & Amazon (UK) but no joy so far.

Thanks, Heather[/FONT]
HeatherM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
Marysart
Member Retired
Marysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Books on board has them

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ck%20O%27Brian
Marysart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marysart View Post
Those are audiobooks, not eBooks. They are not available as (legal) eBooks, to the best of my knowledge.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
Marysart
Member Retired
Marysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Too bad.
Marysart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
In the meantime you can read David Drake's take on the same theme (Rebublic of Cinnabar Navy Series). Some say David Weber's Honor Harrington series has some similarities as well.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
GJN
Guilty Bystander
GJN began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook Pro, Kindle, iPad, and other gadgets
None yet at Amazon. I've requested the first few volumes. Perhaps if more of us will do that, we can get them e-published. The Sharpe books by Bernard Cornwell (same Napoleonic period but on land) are out for the Kindle at reasonable prices.
GJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #7
HeatherM
HeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notesHeatherM can name that song in three notes

Device: cybook gen3
Thank you Marysart. Unfortunatley this site only supplied audio books. I have emailed them to ask if they know of anyone who does supply ebooks. Regards, Heather
HeatherM is offline   Reply With Quote