Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-06-2017, 06:09 PM   #1831
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Alexander Street's newest free downloads are now available. They are three pieces from Mozart.

Make sure not to overlook the message about this, in your inbox.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #1832
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Father Dowling Mysteries (complete) - $20.05
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX9KY6Q/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2017, 06:34 PM   #1833
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego? (complete) - $8.40
https://www.amazon.com/Where-Earth-C...dp/B006WNSHUY/
Old 06-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #1834
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Humble Bundle is offering a special charity bundle of games, with all proceeds going to Whale and Dolphin Conservation (Wikipedia):

Humble Oceans Day Bundle until June 15th for $10, contains 11 video games with aquatic themes and 3 soundtracks. 2 of the games are DRM-free, and 3 of them are also Mac/Linux compatible.

There's a mix of genres, including various adventure and hidden object and ocean exploration simulation games, and an underwater racing game, and a first person shooter game where you play a crab.

And a happy World Oceans Day to you! We're dolphin-ately excited about this bundle. 100% of the fin-al proceeds will support charity, including Whale and Dolphin Conservation. We don't think you could echolocate a better deal – this lineup gets our full en-dorsal-ment! And since you'll be doing a good deed when you buy it, you could say it's gaming with a porpoise.

About Whale and Dolphin Conservation:
WDC, Whale and Dolphin Conservation is the leading global charity working to help protect these magnificent creatures from the many threats they face, including hunting, pollution, being accidentally caught in fishing gear and being kept in captivity. The video games industry helps people all over the world experience the wonder of whales and dolphins whilst also keeping them safe and free, as nature intended.

Last edited by ATDrake; 06-08-2017 at 03:02 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:13 PM   #1835
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Father Dowling Mysteries (complete) - $20.05
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX9KY6Q/
Advert
Old 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM   #1836
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you're interested in free classical music albums, be sure not to miss today's Naxos' newsletter email about their second free album of the month (this is the get one of three, and your choice of MP3 (this started a couple of months ago) or FLAC formats).

Personally, I know that it's easy to miss such emails, myself. I have this huge MobileRead fan base, and it's easy to miss emails like the Naxos email because of all of the emails that my fans send me.

June is a common month for marriages. With that in mind, all three of the albums are related in some way to marriage.

It's odd--There are gazillions of songs about love, courtship, marriage, etc., etc., but I never see any songs about divorce. Oh wait, there's that country song D-I-V-O-R-C-E by Tammy Wynette (BTW, a truly great country singer, IMHO). And I might be missing some. They'd have to be a "tears in your beer" type country song, though. No other subgenre would be interested in the subject--or would they?
Old 06-09-2017, 11:48 PM   #1837
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
...It's odd--There are gazillions of songs about love, courtship, marriage, etc., etc., but I never see any songs about divorce...
I picked the Naxos baroque choice thinking that was a divorce one where marriage is baroque and on the rococos?
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:39 AM   #1838
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
I picked the Naxos baroque choice thinking that was a divorce one where marriage is baroque and on the rococos?
Very clever joke.

Classical music is too high class to deal with divorce. Of course, much of it has no singing, so how would you know? Especially if the singing is not in a language that you know.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:05 AM   #1839
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Classical music is too high class to deal with divorce. Of course, much of it has no singing, so how would you know? Especially if the singing is not in a language that you know.
It"s not that high class if it deals with haircuts

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:52 PM   #1840
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Repeat after me: it's only make-believe. It's only make-believe. It's only make-believe.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:38 PM   #1841
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
GOG's annual summer sale includes a free game, Rebel Galaxy, with any purchase. Lots of games under a dollar, as low as 19 cents for the "classic" game Postal.
Www.gog.com
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:05 PM   #1842
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

My very quick take on the three Naxos choices for this month.

The worst part, IMHO, about getting a freebie from this particular promotion, is choosing which one to take.

#1--a lot of soft, traditional classical music. Again, it was a tough decision, but I choose this one.

#2--much music that you'd hear in a traditional, formal wedding in the United States at least (I can't say that I remember being at or near a wedding outside of the U.S.). With it being available in FLAC, it was very tempting to grab this one, in case I, or someone that I know got married. You could let the organist have the night off.

#3--loved these songs. Most were polkas, or at least polka-style songs. Of course, they were very upbeat. But I don't want to feel upbeat, I want to feel like a curmudgeonly sour-puss.

Hope this helps you.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #1843
keithdt
Connoisseur
keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Vudu is offering 10 cent video rentals on 30 movies today only. You have 30 days to start watching once rented (and I think 24 hours to watch once started).

https://www.vudu.com/movies/#uiList/69/0
keithdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #1844
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdt View Post
Vudu is offering 10 cent video rentals on 30 movies today only. You have 30 days to start watching once rented (and I think 24 hours to watch once started).

https://www.vudu.com/movies/#uiList/69/0
Great find. For someone.

Most of ya'll know that I am a confirmed non-fictionista. All of the movies looked like fiction, except for one (a 4-star rated) I Am JFK, Jr. Too bad that I have little interest in either JFK or John-John.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #1845
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

If you're a subscriber, you should have the most recent newsletter from Alexander Street in your inbox by now.

This time we're privileged to have five tracks, all from Igor Stravinsky's L'histoire du Soldat (The Soldier's Tale).

In the event that you have forgotten, they're all MP3's (I think that Naxos is the only free-music-giver-outer (I think that it is allowable to create any correct word that you want to by just putting hyphens between the words. Cool.) who gives a better format (FLAC), bless their little 'ole pea pickin' hearts).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-14-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere