Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #1
Synn78
Synn78 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Getting a blank page between two images?

Hello all,

I've currently been stumped by this problem. I want to have a separate image that immediately comes after my cover image, yet for some reason this seems impossible. Of course in MS word everything looks fine, page breaks, etc, yet after converting to Mobie in Calibre I get a blank page between the two images. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I'm new to this forum so if there is more information that I should post please let me know.

EDIT: Better explanation of what I'm trying to do. I have an image that I inserted into my word document, in Calibre I'm trying to have a different cover image. What I've done so far; Calibre marks the inserted image as the default cover, I click change cover image and select the image I want, now at this point if I hit convert Calibre erases the image that I inserted into my word doc, however if I check use cover from source file everything works as I want it to or so it seems. I can preview the converted file and It has my cover image then the image I inserted, yet when I check it on my kindle it only has the cover image.

TL;DR I want a cover image for my book then another image after the cover before the title.

Last edited by Synn78; 04-24-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Synn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:33 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I think this was answered on the KDP forums, but in short: don't include a cover in the file uploaded to the KDP. The conversion will try to replace it with the separately uploaded Product Image, and if you get a double cover, they will be different sizes. (Or such has been my experience.) The converted product image will fill the screen, more or less, while your included cover will at best only fill the designated text area.

Furthermore, any image at the front of the book may be suppressed because the software thinks it's an included cover and wants to get rid of it. I've had the frontispiece of a book vanish because of that behavior. So I had to move the "frontispiece" so that it followed the title page (and was no longer a frontispiece, of course).

Finally, in Word (and I suppose in any word processing software) it is important to put the mouse cursor immediately following the very last character, because if there is a blank line there and the following image fills the page, there will necessarily be a blank page between them.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert