Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-26-2018, 10:58 PM   #31
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
Just noticed this article.

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...-ink-ereaders/

I am currently unsure as to what model to buy. The c67ml seems to be about the cheapest boox device with a “full” a2 mode, i.e. no flashing. Alternatively, the Boox n96ml, which has a bigger screen suitable for browsing appears to have an a2 mode according to specifications. However I can’t find visual proof of this, and the only video (https://youtu.be/77kIpwei46Q) of an “n96” browsing in a2 shows flashing.

What is the N96ml a2 internet browsing like? Or running through vnc? I don’t know.

The n96ml in TheEbookReader’s review looks perfect. Smooth, responsive.
Ask this in the Onyx sub-forum. People there have the device. IMO vnc is too laggy. It's only fast enough when you natively use programs on the device itself. Slaving is too laggy.

I just don't think I'd personally bother with a 6" device for browsing. Seems like wasting money. It's just too small for me. But usable for pdf. But you're starting to talk big bucks. I'd ask around first to make sure it does what you want. I'd be surprised if videos don't exist.

https://www.google.ca/search?ei=rteU....0.8Mfvt55BEBw

Apparently the n96 has same processor as t68, which is too slow.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 02-26-2018 at 11:02 PM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:44 PM   #32
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Ask this in the Onyx sub-forum. People there have the device. IMO vnc is too laggy. It's only fast enough when you natively use programs on the device itself. Slaving is too laggy.

I just don't think I'd personally bother with a 6" device for browsing. Seems like wasting money. It's just too small for me. But usable for pdf. But you're starting to talk big bucks. I'd ask around first to make sure it does what you want. I'd be surprised if videos don't exist.

https://www.google.ca/search?ei=rteU....0.8Mfvt55BEBw

Apparently the n96 has same processor as t68, which is too slow.
I wish to research but my eyes hurt using backlit monitors, though the nook helps. The videos on n96 browsing have been confusing to me, for the reason that there are two models called n96. I am looking at the Icarus XL HD (1.6ghz, 1gb ram, a2)
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:49 PM   #33
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
IMO vnc is too laggy. It's only fast enough when you natively use programs on the device itself. Slaving is too laggy.

I'd ask around first to make sure it does what you want. I'd be surprised if videos don't exist..
Yes it looks like the delay would be as long as a flashing in normal refresh mode, removing the productive benefits of a2 refresh.

Thanks, I have asked.

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 02-27-2018 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:39 PM   #34
Waiting4somethin
Addict

Looks like the Boox Note might be the solution to this question, so long as it has an a2 mode. It’s £500, but at 10 inches, 330g, 1.6ghz, and 2gb of ram, I feel it’s worth the risk.

I’ll hopefully post my findings on cheaper solutions here at some stage.

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 03-05-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:17 PM   #35
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
You can get n96.on banggood for a lot cheaper.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:22 AM   #36
Waiting4somethin
Addict

But it seems true that the CPU is poor.

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qrjxly-wdk N96ML
15:57 Web browsing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WeiE5DU880 N96ML
10:36 Web browsing
Looks maybe a bit too slow (and I don’t mind some comprimise).
Old 03-08-2018, 07:25 AM   #37
Waiting4somethin
Addict

It seems frustratingly hard to gauge from online videos the speed of these devices.

I may be able to post a video soon of the HD XL browsing in a2.

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 03-08-2018 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:21 AM   #38
Waiting4somethin
Addict

I bought the n96ml which has been quite good for reading web articles, browsung forums etc. It zooms with double tap. The 1gb ram gives a lot of room for tabs, and in opera a2 mode works as well as the nook, by which i mean it must be reloaded at times. Purchased for 205 english currency. It is also a great ereader and note taker.

Typing with stylus as i haven't found a good bt keyboard yet.... but I may soon post a detailed review...

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 04-22-2018 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:50 AM   #39
Waiting4somethin
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
I may be able to post a video soon of the HD XL browsing in a2.
I was unable as Icarus did not seem to understand my requests...

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 04-22-2018 at 04:59 AM.