Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 03-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #796
riporto
riporto began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Worng post!
riporto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:34 AM   #797
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Any of you master creaters interested in hypnosis? There are several really old books that would be fabolous to have as well formatted ebooks.

For example Suggestive Therapeutics by H. Bernheim. https://www.woodlibrarymuseum.org/li...pdf/S_ACTP.pdf
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:02 PM   #798
Cheesesteak
Cheesesteak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindke Paperwhite 3
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Har..._at_MobileRead

I would like Volume 8 off of this page.

Thank you.
Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:26 AM   #799
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak View Post
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Har..._at_MobileRead

I would like Volume 8 off of this page.
What happens when you click the Mobi/PRC link on the listing for Volume 8?

Here, that takes me to the download page for that volume, amd clicking the link in the Attached Files box queues a download of the PRC file.

Mobi and PRC are the same file format. PRC is a legacy of Palm OS, which was the first target for Mobipocket files. If your Kindle doesn't recognize a PRC file as something it can read, rename the file extension to .mobi and it should work. (I'll be surprised if it's needed - the PRC file should be usable as is.)
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:08 AM   #800
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
What happens when you click the Mobi/PRC link on the listing for Volume 8?

Here, that takes me to the download page for that volume, amd clicking the link in the Attached Files box queues a download of the PRC file.
I don't see any attached files when I click on the links to Volume 8.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:14 AM   #801
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Taking a closer look, I found that it's in the offline section of the library, so there must have been a copyright problem. I guess at least one of the translators died less than 70 years ago. Might be worth a re-check; perhaps the status has changed since the book was sent to the offline limbo.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:20 AM   #802
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Yep. One of the translators is Gilbert Murray, who only died in 1957, so the book won't pass into the Public Domain in Life+70 countries before 2028.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_Murray
Old 04-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #803
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Is there any reason why South Riding by Winifred Holtby isn't in the MR library?
She died in 1935.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:37 PM   #804
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Is there any reason why South Riding by Winifred Holtby isn't in the MR library?
She died in 1935.
Because nobody has uploaded it yet?
Old 04-19-2018, 03:42 PM   #805
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Taking a closer look, I found that it's in the offline section of the library, so there must have been a copyright problem. I guess at least one of the translators died less than 70 years ago. Might be worth a re-check; perhaps the status has changed since the book was sent to the offline limbo.
The joys of being a moderator. The links work fine for me, and I can get the files. Log out of MR and try as an anonymous user, and I get transferred to the download page but don't see the link.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #806
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
She died in 1935.
It is available at FadedPage.com. They operate under Canadian law, but this title would be PD under the European/Life+70 rules. It is not PD in the US.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:29 AM   #807
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought MR operated on a life+70 basis. AFAIK, the book was written in English. Thanks for the pointers to FadedPage. I just can't help feeling that the book creators on MR would make a nicer copy.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:05 AM   #808
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Quote:
I thought MR operated on a life+70 basis. AFAIK, the book was written in English. Thanks for the pointers to FadedPage. I just can't help feeling that the book creators on MR would make a nicer copy.
MR does operate on a Life+70 basis. But that doesn't mean that every book that is PD according to Life+70 must be in the library. Your post sounded a bit like a complaint and not like a request.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:15 AM   #809
BookCat
C L J

doubleshuffle: It was not a complaint, it was a request and an question. I'm aware that asking for in copyright books is forbidden and was confused and curious about the status of South Riding; maybe there was a reason of which I'm not aware why this is still in copyright, in which case, it would be interesting to know this.

In fact, I thought I was doing MR a favour by pointing out the absence from the library. I understand the pride we all have in the memorial library and its books. I've been a member of mobileread for a long time so would not make rude complaints.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:45 PM   #810
Cheesesteak
Cheesesteak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindke Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
The joys of being a moderator. The links work fine for me, and I can get the files. Log out of MR and try as an anonymous user, and I get transferred to the download page but don't see the link.
______
Dennis
I wound up just buying a copy of the collection myself. No worries.
Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote