Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 12:39 AM   #181
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Attached is a version of View Manager with a 'Switch Virtual Library' setting.

It also contains the View create/update/save sorts & widths changes from last fall.

Hopefully we can get a few people to test this--and report that it works.

UPDATE - added another fix for applying old-view settings.
It works for me. My main quirk is the same than applying a defined search: If a switch to another view with no search/VL, the previous one doesn't disappear, it's still applied, but that is not a problem. Thank you for a nice plugin.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:36 AM   #182
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is a problem, that I don't know if it already happes only with virtual searchs: If I apply a view which switch to a virtual library and, later, a I switch to another view which applies a search, the first one is not cleared, so the end result is an and of both restrictions. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, I don't know.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:56 AM   #183
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Terisa de Morgan - a similar thing happened to me the other day, where a search term was anded with an existing one - which surprised me. I can't remember where it was, but it wasn't via this PI.

Now I'm thinking about it, I suspect it may have been related to searching within in the Tag browser - I'll try to recreate, and report back, it may be related.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-19-2017 at 02:59 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:08 AM   #184
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I suspect it may have been related to searching within in the Tag browser - I'll try to recreate, and report back, it may be related.
Yes it was the Tag Browser search. It was when I was trying to work out how the Tag Browser keyboard shortcuts worked.

Successive usages of the Find Item shortcut moves the search highlight to the next matching item, but on using the 'Click' found item shortcut, the search term was anded to any existing search expression, as if I had 'Shift clicked' found item. Hence when I searched for 'Lillian' I ended up with "authors:"=Lillian Hellman" and authors:"=Lillian Lee"; the author I 'needed' to find was "Lillian Smith".

@Terisa de Morgan - not obvious to me as to how this might be related to your problem in VM.

BR
Old 06-19-2017, 04:24 AM   #185
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes it was the Tag Browser search. It was when I was trying to work out how the Tag Browser keyboard shortcuts worked.

Successive usages of the Find Item shortcut moves the search highlight to the next matching item, but on using the 'Click' found item shortcut, the search term was anded to any existing search expression, as if I had 'Shift clicked' found item. Hence when I searched for 'Lillian' I ended up with "authors:"=Lillian Hellman" and authors:"=Lillian Lee"; the author I 'needed' to find was "Lillian Smith".

@Terisa de Morgan - not obvious to me as to how this might be related to your problem in VM.

BR
I don't know if it's related. I think it's related to not removing a previous restriction before applying another one (I know this happens because if I apply a view with no restriction, the previous view restrictions are maintained). Perhaps it's the standard behavior, I don't know.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:43 AM   #186
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Perhaps it's the standard behavior, I don't know.
Nor me, that's why I decided to let it pass.

BR
Old 06-19-2017, 05:16 AM   #187
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Nor me, that's why I decided to let it pass.

BR
I think it's quite complicated, as you don't know when you apply a new view if the existing restrictions have be defined by the user or applied for a previous view.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:48 AM   #188
BetterRed
null operator

Perhaps I've misunderstood the purpose of the check boxes and selectors and the way they interact. But, it doesn't seem right to have the check boxes enabled when there is nothing in the corresponding selectors, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	157395

Perhaps the check boxes should be after the selectors and only enabled if there is something in the corresponding selector.

The check boxes and selectors have the same tooltip e.g. "Switch to the selected Virtual Library when the View is activated.". I suggest the check box tooltips have something like "Enable/disable switching to the selected Virtual Library when this View is selected" -- If two widgets have the same tooltip it begs the question, why are there two widgets

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-19-2017 at 05:54 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:00 AM   #189
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Perhaps the check boxes should be after the selectors and only enabled if there is something in the corresponding selector.
Don't dare! Checking them without data is the way to clean it at the views.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:26 AM   #190
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Don't dare! Checking them without data is the way to clean it at the views.
Not sure what you mean.

But if my interpretation is wrong then the checkbox tooltips need to explain what their purpose actually is. I assumed it was to enable/disable the corresponding selector whilst leaving the selector value in place.

I did think it somewhat belt and braces. My thought was, if you no longer want what's in a selector why not select the empty value which is at the top of the selector drop down list.

I think we should let JimmXinu have his say

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-19-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:32 AM   #191
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Not sure what you mean.

But of my interpretation is wrong then the checkbox tooltips need to explain what their purpose actually is. I assumed it was to enable/disable the corresponding selector whilst leaving the selector value in place.

I did think it somewhat belt and braces. My thought was, if you no longer want what's in a selector why not select the empty value which is at the top of the selector drop down list.

BR
Let's say... I don't think that it's the intended behavior but, if you select "Apply saved search" and you select the empty value, the previous search is cleared. Same for virtual library and search as virtual library. So, I'll always check the three checkbox and I'll include content only if I want to apply un specific search or VL (workaround, I know, but it's OK for me).
Old 06-19-2017, 06:46 AM   #192
BetterRed
null operator

If you mean cleared from library preferences, e.g. "virtLibToApply": "" then why can't selection of the Empty Value set it to "", viz

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	157398

BR
Old 06-19-2017, 06:47 AM   #193
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I do that: check and empty selection (keep in mind that I'm talking about the NEXT view, not the current one).
Old 06-19-2017, 06:57 AM   #194
BetterRed
null operator

I'll leave to you and JimmXinu to resolve.

It looks like the problems I had last year still exist, e.g overwriting my carefully crafted sort specifications with random sort specs from sort history that were created by miss-clicks in column headers. :lol:

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-19-2017 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:33 AM   #195
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'll leave to you and JimmXinu to resolve.

It looks like the problems I had last year still exist, e.g overwriting my carefully crafted sort specifications with random sort specs from sort history that were created by miss-clicks in column headers. :lol:

BR
I'm a simple gal, my searches are quite simple (not the number of libraries and virtual libraries however )