Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 12-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #1
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
EPUBReader goes Android

The first version of EPUBReader for Android is out now. The app consists of the reading engine of the Firefox add-on and an Android wrapper.

The app is still in beta and not publicly available at Google play. Android 3 (Honeycomb) and later is supported. I would be very happy if you would try it and give me some feedback. To install the app, it's necessary to become a member of this google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!fo...d-beta-testing. If you signup, it's important, that you use the same mailaddress as for Google play, otherwise you won't be able to install the app.

Thanks!

Last edited by mikelv; 12-22-2013 at 05:42 AM.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
The first version of EPUBReader for Android is out now. The app consists of the reading engine of the Firefox add-on and an Android wrapper.

The app is still in beta and not publicly available at Google play. Android 3 (Honeycomb) and later is supported. I would be very happy if you would try it and give me some feedback. To install the app, it's necessary to become a member of this google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!fo...d-beta-testing. If you signup, it's important, that you use the same mailaddress as for Google play, otherwise you won't be able to install the app.

Thanks!
Since the Firefox add-on is very good, I 'd like to try the version for Android. But it seems that the beta version is not available any more in Google Play Store (in the downloaded page I receive the message "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server")
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
The link worked for me.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Since the Firefox add-on is very good, I 'd like to try the version for Android. But it seems that the beta version is not available any more in Google Play Store (in the downloaded page I receive the message "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server")
Did you signup with your Google Play mailaddress? If not, you are not able to install the app and receive the error message you mentioned.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There seems to be a timing issue with the link working. I enrolled and followed the link. No Go.

Tried again maybe a minute later and it worked.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #6
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

The EPUBReader app has now left beta status and is available at Google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ead.epubreader. To run it, as minimum Android 3 (Honeycomb) is needed.

Your feedback is very welcome!
Old 07-10-2015, 01:00 AM   #7
tempura
Connoisseur
tempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle PW3
Well, it works, lots of work left to be done I see, but it's simple and nice. The only qualm, initially, I have because I know the rest are probably in progress, is the fact that the book should occupy the whole screen instead of the title bar remaining on top.
tempura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:47 AM   #8
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
An APK instead of a tortuous way to get it would be probably better. Since there are several other alternatives, equally free, why would one go the hard way?
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 05:55 AM   #9
morinia
morinia doesn't littermorinia doesn't litter

Never heard about this add-on and I like it a lot.
morinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 05:56 AM   #10
morinia

Many thanks.

Last edited by morinia; 11-19-2016 at 06:00 AM. Reason: double messages.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:58 AM   #11
morinia

Very nice

I like this add-on a lot.
Your information is much appreciated.

Tags
epubreader android