Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #31
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard.ryefield View Post
I had no problem sending the books except for one which was readable/transferable and that I had to repair.

But now comes the really big problem: "CorruptError: database disk image is malformed" at the connection (database backup). The books have the green checks though. When I run the KoboUtilities verify command I get the same error message.
At this point, if you don't have a recent backup of your database that you could try restoring, you can either logout from your Kobo which will recreate the database when you log back in or do a full factory reset which will also create a new database but will also wipe the internal storage of your Kobo.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:21 PM   #32
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Desktop, Kindle Desktop, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
At this point, if you don't have a recent backup of your database that you could try restoring, you can either logout from your Kobo which will recreate the database when you log back in or do a full factory reset which will also create a new database but will also wipe the internal storage of your Kobo.
I can read my books on the device, add them from Calibre as usual etc...I don't know why KoboUtilities says the database is corrupted.
bernard.ryefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I can read my books on the device, add them from Calibre as usual etc...I don't know why KoboUtilities says the database is corrupted.
Because it is corrupt.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:32 PM   #34
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Desktop, Kindle Desktop, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Because it is corrupt.
I guess from KoboUtilities point of view it is, though from Kobo Glo point of view it isn't, which was my point.
bernard.ryefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:12 PM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I guess from KoboUtilities point of view it is, though from Kobo Glo point of view it isn't, which was my point.
The database is corrupt. But, a lot of the function on the device works from in-memory copy of the data. It doesn't need to constantly reread the data as most of the metadata is in memory. It will try to write the data to the database as things change, but these will probably fail. Then, if restart the device, it will attempt to read the database but all those updates will be missing and you will suddenly be seeing old data. And if the problems in the database are bad enough, the firmware can throw it away and start the setup process.

There is very little you can do to fix this. Sometime running a compress on the database will work. But, that usually only works if the errors are in an index. It can also work if the errors are elsewhere, but you usually lose some data. And if you lose data, there is probably some inconsistencies that could cause other problems.

This isn't going to get better. You need to fix it. If you have a database backup, you can restore that. Otherwise, you will need to do one of the things that DNSB suggested.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo glo, kobo utilities, kobotouchextended, sd card