Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-15-2018, 11:14 AM   #46
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
It doesn't actually do any matching from the X-Ray file unless it's changed recently, so you should be good to use whichever entity you want to keep, change the references to that entity id (in entity_description, entity_exerpt, exerpt, and occurrence).
Thanks! So the "source_wildcard" column also does not affect matching and its contents are not critical?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:08 PM   #47
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Thanks! So the "source_wildcard" column also does not affect matching and its contents are not critical?
Yeah, I haven't seen it make a difference so far, unless they've finally started doing something with it. I just set it to be the same as the entity's name and leave it at that.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #48
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It doesn't actually do any matching from the X-Ray file unless it's changed recently, so you should be good to use whichever entity you want to keep, change the references to that entity id (in entity_description, entity_exerpt, exerpt, and occurrence).
Quote:
Yeah, I haven't seen it make a difference so far, unless they've finally started doing something with it. I just set it to be the same as the entity's name and leave it at that.
I was able to use that advice to merge entities 92 and 708 into 90. I did it manually for the related_entities column in excerpt, but it should be possible to automate that. I think I have a handle on doing the reverse, splitting a single entity that in the original XRAY file erroneously lists multiple people as a single person, but I see no way to automate that.

One other problem that I have run into is that if I do a round trip by dumping the database then making what should be a duplicate db by loading the dump into a new db, the kindle does not recognize that new db as a valid XRAY file. Do you know what might be happening with that?
Old 07-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #49
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
One other problem that I have run into is that if I do a round trip by dumping the database then making what should be a duplicate db by loading the dump into a new db, the kindle does not recognize that new db as a valid XRAY file. Do you know what might be happening with that?
How are you creating the new db? Are you including
Code:
PRAGMA user_version = 1;
in there somewhere? You can check, in SQLiteBrowser at least, under the Edit Pragmas section. If it's not 1, set it to 1, save, then see if it will load.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:39 PM   #50
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
How are you creating the new db? Are you including
Code:
PRAGMA user_version = 1;
in there somewhere? You can check, in SQLiteBrowser at least, under the Edit Pragmas section. If it's not 1, set it to 1, save, then see if it will load.
TL;DR
That worked. Thanks!

The way I made it was to run sqlite3 on the original db, then set output file to Wap.sql, did a .dump then did
sqlite3 XRAY.entities.B00JCDK5ME.asc < Wap.sql
in a directory that had no file named XRAY.entities.B00JCDK5ME.asc
As you suspected, user_version = 0

My sqlitebrowser at work has an Edit Pragmas tab, but I have no XRAY file there.

At home, sqlitebrowser doesn't have an Edit Pragmas tab so I just used sqlite3
Old 08-31-2018, 01:38 PM   #51
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

I've updated the original post to summarize the results (XRAY file delivered by Amazon no longer broken). I've also attached a fix to the XRAY content errors for this book that I know about to that post.

Tags
war and peace, x-ray