Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 08-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
tsolignani
Zealot
tsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: iPad
Save to iOS quotebook app from Marvin

Fancy saving a piece of text to iOS app quotebook from a book you're reading in Marvin?

Just create a custom command like that:

quotebook://x-callback-url/add?quote={text}&author={author}&source={title}&x-success=marvinapp:

That would populate the new record with quote content, author and book's title.

Enjoy.
tsolignani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Cool. Thanks a lot for sharing!
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
tsolignani
Zealot
tsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Thank you... And have a nice sunday.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:37 PM   #4
Mtnguy321
Mtnguy321 doesn't litterMtnguy321 doesn't litter

Device: Ipad
Something broke your Quotebook string ... iOS or new Marvin. Any chance of getting it working with new Marvin and iOS 10._xx?
Mtnguy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:41 PM   #5
lucretius
lucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad Mini 5
quotebook://x-callback-url/add?quote={text}&author={author}&source={title}&x-success=marvin3:
lucretius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:31 PM   #6
Mtnguy321

Thank you!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2016, 03:01 AM   #7
tsolignani
Zealot

I quit using the both of them, quotebook without regret at all (I never managed to make it sync properly) and marvin with the most regret, since I switched to Android. Now I am using google play books as a reading software, which is lame but at least syncs amongst my several peripherals, and simplenote to save quote, passages, etc. Lucretius fortunately did the trick anyway. Thank you and have a nice day.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #8
quanto
quanto began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
Hello,

Because the development of Quotebook is discontinued, I decided to move to Quoteskeeper.

The problem is that I cannot set up the custom command to work with it.

I tried:

quoteskeeper://x-callback-url/add?quote={text}&author={author}&source={title}&x-success=marvin3:

but nothing happens

Can someone help me or suggest another ipad app that supports uch an integration?
quanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:07 PM   #9
lucretius
lucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad Mini 5
I played around with Bear http://www.bear-writer.com/ and found it quite interesting. Supports Markdown and has a powerful url scheme (see FAQ on their webpage).

Example:
Create note with quote and add tags:
bear://x-callback-url/create?title={author}:%20{title}&text=Kapitel:%20/{chapter}/%0A*%C2%AB{text}%C2%BB*&tags=Zitate,B%C3%BCcher,Le sen&x-success=marvin3:

Append additional quotes to the same note:
bear://x-callback-url/add-text?title={author}:%20{title}&text=---%0A%0AKapitel:%20/{chapter}/%0A*%C2%AB{text}%C2%BB*&mode=append&x-success=marvin3:
lucretius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #10
Mtnguy321

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucretius View Post
I played around with Bear http://www.bear-writer.com/ and found it quite interesting. Supports Markdown and has a powerful url scheme (see FAQ on their webpage).

Example:
Create note with quote and add tags:
bear://x-callback-url/create?title={author}:%20{title}&text=Kapitel:%20/{chapter}/%0A*%C2%AB{text}%C2%BB*&tags=Zitate,B%C3%BCcher,Le sen&x-success=marvin3:

Append additional quotes to the same note:
bear://x-callback-url/add-text?title={author}:%20{title}&text=---%0A%0AKapitel:%20/{chapter}/%0A*%C2%AB{text}%C2%BB*&mode=append&x-success=marvin3:
I tried this but I get message, ‘Oops You don’t have any app installed that can execute this command.’
I can use Quotebook but the Bear app looked interesting so wanted to try it.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #11
Mtnguy321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnguy321 View Post
I tried this but I get message, ‘Oops You don’t have any app installed that can execute this command.’
I can use Quotebook but the Bear app looked interesting so wanted to try it.
Never mind, works great!

Tags
excerpts, ios, quotebook, url scheme