Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Updating a Rooted Color

I rooted my device on 1.01, now that 1.1 is out if I want to forgo the rooting and just update the device to 1.1 what do I have to do?
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
cbnash
cbnash began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Look here:

http://nookdevs.com/Flash_back_to_clean_stock_ROM
cbnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
Problem - it reinstalls NookDevs ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnash View Post
I am trying this method, and get to the Installing "A new software update is beng installed. This will take a few minutes" screen. But it reinstalls the NookDevs ROM not the stock B&N NC ROM.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I am wanting to reset it back to the factory settings and the standard B&N ROM?

Unfortunately it will not boot up normally now, so I am stuck on the flashing "n color" screen with the "Nook Color Devs" Android in the bottom right hand corner. Bricked???

EDIT: Always useful in a two step process to perform step 2 after step 1. I missed out that there was a second step to perform. Done it and I have the smiling Kate and the stock ROM again.

Last edited by Prince Hal; 03-05-2011 at 09:50 AM. Reason: User stupidity - mine!!!
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote