Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 02-07-2020, 09:31 AM   #1
flakyconfusion
flakyconfusion began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Muses
Likebook Muses USB-C Charging

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and not sure if you guys allow troubleshooting posts on here or not so let me know if this is the wrong place to put this.
I've had my Likebooks Muses for a couple months and have noticed that it only charges with the included cable. The included cable is USB-C to USB-A connection with no power adapter so I can only charge via my laptop. I have tried multiple cables that are USB-C to USB-C. I don't have any extra USB-A to USB-C but I wouldn't think that would matter. I have also tried charging through my laptop and through wall adapters with USB-C to USB-C so I'm not sure why it won't charge with other cables. The main reason I bought the Muses is for the USB-C connection so I would only have to carry one cable for my laptop, phone, and ereader. Any ideas or is it some special sort of cable that I don't know about?
flakyconfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:56 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
I donot own Muses, but own Alita amd Ares.
Both can be charged with other USB-A to USB-C cables, but they need a power supply 2A, 5V.
I can imagine, that smart power supplies donot work correctly when protocol not fits - I avoid using such.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 02-07-2020 at 09:59 AM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:55 PM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by flakyconfusion View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and not sure if you guys allow troubleshooting posts on here or not so let me know if this is the wrong place to put this.
I've had my Likebooks Muses for a couple months and have noticed that it only charges with the included cable. The included cable is USB-C to USB-A connection with no power adapter so I can only charge via my laptop. I have tried multiple cables that are USB-C to USB-C. I don't have any extra USB-A to USB-C but I wouldn't think that would matter. I have also tried charging through my laptop and through wall adapters with USB-C to USB-C so I'm not sure why it won't charge with other cables. The main reason I bought the Muses is for the USB-C connection so I would only have to carry one cable for my laptop, phone, and ereader. Any ideas or is it some special sort of cable that I don't know about?
Likebook devices are using an usb c socket but they're not compliant with USB3.1. I don't know if they even wire things accordly or they're just using the subset of USB2.0 (D+, D-, GND, 5v). See https://electronics.stackexchange.co...o-usb-a-pinout

A power charger with a female usb-c plug should be able to charge them, even if they didn't implement power delivery (because the specs say: start at 5v and try to negotiate). In the case of a computer I just don't know but if I were to blame one party I guess I would blame Boyue and not your laptop manufacturer/vendor
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:26 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Both my Alita and my Ares can be charged with USB-C to USB-C cables using this charger, for example.
But I normally use a "Goobay 73276 Dual USB-charger 2,4 A" with the original cable because it is small.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:36 AM   #5
tinkywinky666
tinkywinky666 began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I donot own Muses, but own Alita amd Ares.
Both can be charged with other USB-A to USB-C cables, but they need a power supply 2A, 5V.
I can imagine, that smart power supplies donot work correctly when protocol not fits - I avoid using such.
Hi!

Useful info @ottischwenk
Could You show me on Ares & Nova 2 those pictures? (can't decide which to buy & visuals are the factor - to poor to get every ereader too lol):
dragon ball super chapter 3 example from mars
& or
naruto chapter 72 like on Kobo Forma

thanks

Last edited by tinkywinky666; 10-27-2020 at 09:52 AM.
tinkywinky666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:10 PM   #6
gunnm
Connoisseur
gunnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW(2018), Boyue T103D.
If you can charge your phone but no the muses pretty much the device is broken.
gunnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:58 AM   #7
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
I looked at this before buying the Alita and bought a Ravpower smart charger with 3 usb A ports. No issues charging it with this or other usb sockets. With the cost of these e-reader devices you don't want to go cheap when buying a smart charger.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging, likebook, muses, usb c