Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-16-2018, 11:31 AM   #1
alvises
alvises began at the beginning.

Device: reMarkable, Boox Max2, iPad Pro
Onyx Boox Note, pen calibration issues

Hi,

just received the Note today. I instantly noticed a calibration issue with the pen. I obviously calibrated it multiple times but still the same. I've attached a short video of the issue.

Anyone knows how to fix it or do you think it's an hardware issue and it needs to be returned ?

Thanks

Alvise
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boox_note_calibration_issues.gif
Views:	570
Size:	1,016.2 KB
ID:	163999  
alvises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:38 PM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Does it write like that in the middle of the screen or just at the edges?

I have found that my Note does not always register strokes accurately near the edges. However, it seems to perform fine elsewhere on the screen.

Maybe the upcoming revamp of the note app will resolve this issue.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2018, 02:26 PM   #3
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I just checked my one day old Note and it tracks perfectly, even at the edges, if I hold the stylus perpendicular to the screen.

If I hold the stylus the same as on your video, it seems to be off a hair, even in the center of the screen,

It's hard to tell exactly where the stylus is making contact however.

I don't have the greatest eyes.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #4
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
It is a technical limit or issue.

Same for all device (including Samsung Note) with similar technology when testing in your way at the EDGE of screen.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:49 PM   #5
alvises
alvises began at the beginning.

Device: reMarkable, Boox Max2, iPad Pro
I think this is beyond the technical limit, this honestly seems to be an hardware issue. I made two other videos, one boox note and one with the max2. Max2 works great..

note (almost unusable close to the edges): https://sendvid.com/us784tuc

max2 (working great): http://sendvid.com/t992ouz3
alvises is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2018, 06:31 PM   #6
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max2
Hi, I received mine today too. I don't have this problem though - the pen will write right up to (and even along - using the screen-edge as a sort of ruler) the black plastic edge.
This is true for both beginning the stroke, ending the stroke and part-way through the stroke.

p.s.
This is true for all angles of the pen, not just perpendicular. Held as in your image my pen writes perfectly - so-far!

Last edited by charliebub; 05-16-2018 at 06:33 PM.
charliebub is offline   Reply With Quote