Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 06:16 AM   #1
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
new firmware issues - cybook gen3

so for the first time, i updated my firmware. now i can't turn off my cybook - it goes to sleep, but i can't seem to turn it off off. also it's much more sluggish to navigate. hopefully these things will get sorted out, but at the moment i'm not thrilled.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:32 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Two ways:

Hold the power button for some seconds, there will appear a dialog asking whether you actually want to shut the Cybook off.

Get the menu, go to "Advanced" and select power off (or whatever it is called).

When it is turned off, the screen will not be totally blank, but it will have a "standby" symbol in the top right corner. Despite the symbol, the device is really off.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
thanks!

so it is off but my sleep-deprived mind wasn't comprehending what i was reading.

on the other hand, after i click the ebooks folder, it takes 20 to 30 seconds to enter the folder. some karma coming your way.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A possibly stupid question: I'm selling my Gen3 (512MB, 200MHz CPU), and thought I may as well install the new v2.1 firmware on it first. It's all gone OK, but how is this new "sleep mode" thing supposed to work? When I press the power switch, I get a little picture of a power switch in the top right corner of the screen, but pressing the power switch does a full reboot, not a "wake up".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
Kennywenny
Ken
Kennywenny began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Hello HarryT,
I am surprised at you asking this question - I usually look forward to an answer from you about the workings of Gen3/Opus. However I have a 200Mhz device but the new software and the "sleep" setting will only work on the 400Mhz devices and, of course, the Opus which I have also.
Whilst writing, I have tried the reversing of the page turn buttons on my Opus but I seem to lose this setting if the device is turned off fully. Anyone else notice this? I have emailed Bookeen but no response.
Kennywenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennywenny View Post
Hello HarryT,
I am surprised at you asking this question - I usually look forward to an answer from you about the workings of Gen3/Opus. However I have a 200Mhz device but the new software and the "sleep" setting will only work on the 400Mhz devices and, of course, the Opus which I have also.
Ah, that explains it. Thank you. Rather lost track with Bookeen over the last year, I'm afraid, hence the question.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote