Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
A sense of smudging...

Does anyone else notice a faint sense of smudging around text.

I have a PDF that I'm reading. The area where there is no text, is a lighter, whiter background, compared the area around the text which seems greyer, as if the e-ink was smudged a little around the text.

I've never noticed this before, but now that I'm seeing it, I'm aware of it.

Just tried a few other PDFs, same thing.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No one else noticing this?
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
No one else noticing this?
What smudging

I like my display. Crisp, sharp.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Does anyone else notice a faint sense of smudging around text.

I have a PDF that I'm reading. The area where there is no text, is a lighter, whiter background, compared the area around the text which seems greyer, as if the e-ink was smudged a little around the text.

I've never noticed this before, but now that I'm seeing it, I'm aware of it.

Just tried a few other PDFs, same thing.
Sounds like anti-aliasing efforts on the part of the font you are using. I aften think a plain font is better and easier to read. The default Times Roman font is bad for this problem IMHO.

Try a different font - maybe a nice sans serif one like Calibre uses.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #5
omro
Addict

No, no, it has *nothing* to do with the font.

I'm talking about the "white" space between the text. It's visibly greyer where there is text than areas where there's none.
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 01:56 AM   #6
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:

I'm talking about the "white" space between the text. It's visibly greyer where there is text than areas where there's none.
I see. In your original description you said "the area around the text which seems greyer" and I thought you meant around each text letter.

I can only say, that there is nothing that matches your description visible on my screen.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:59 AM   #7
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
I looked at a few pdf, pdb and epub files and none of them had any greying (or smudging) between the text in my Pez. All space between text seems white as the rest of the background.

Is it to all the text on the page or just some of the text? How often is this happening? If it is occasionally and partial (and goes away with a screen refresh) then it may be ghosting which is normal. Would it be possible to post a photo of what is happening please? Also I am wondering if your reader has been subjected to any extremely cold temperature when you had noticed this happening?
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Is you PDF with this problem, Text or is it a Image of Letters?
Text will re-flow, a picture will not.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #9
omro
Addict

no, it has nothing specifically to do with what is being displayed. I just feel that the "white" space between text is less "white" than the white space where there is no text. Almost as if the quantity of darker pixels are attracting their nearby fellow pixels to darken slightly also. I've noticed this on pdfs and epubs.