Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 12-04-2017, 02:30 AM   #1
Victoria Jones
Victoria Jones began at the beginning.

Device: Audible
Can I put the Audible Audiobook to My MP3 Player?

Hey Guys!
I have listened to my Audible Audiobooks on the website. I have ideas when I want to go out for running, I want to listen to my audiobooks on My MP3 player. Is there a way can I put the Audible Audiobooks to my MP3 player?
Victoria Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:14 AM   #2
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Short answer is no. More complicated answer is that it is possible if you want to remove the drm and convert to mp3, assuming of course that this is legal in your jurisdiction.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2017, 06:56 AM   #3
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
I thought there were still mp3 devices that you can officially side-load to via the PC app? But it's been years since I used that method.

I use a spare inactive cellphone with the Audible app as my portable player.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:05 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Yes you can put the books on your mp3 player. IF you have a compatible mp3 player. The only one I have experience with is the Sansa Clip Zip and Clip Sport. You must use Audible Manager and download the books in "Format 4" from the Audible site. If you have a different mp3 player you will have to look at Audible and see if yours is compatible.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:47 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
There used to be a huge list of players that can play Audible audiobooks, but as people move to playing in apps via phones and tablets, that list has gotten much smaller. Did a quick Google search and got this:

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answ...FpWG96bg%3D%3D
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2017, 05:35 PM   #6
Acataloger
Retired library cataloger
Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: PRS-T2 ; Kindle Paperwhite Manga; Fire HD 10; Huawei Honor 8
I spent some time with Audible.com tech support today solving problems downloading to my new SanDisk Clip Sport Plus. Turns out that this new model requires "Enhanced" instead of "Format 4" at the upper right side of the Audible library list screen. You still use Audible manager as booklover6 said.
Acataloger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:45 PM   #7
Victoria Jones

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Yes you can put the books on your mp3 player. IF you have a compatible mp3 player. The only one I have experience with is the Sansa Clip Zip and Clip Sport. You must use Audible Manager and download the books in "Format 4" from the Audible site. If you have a different mp3 player you will have to look at Audible and see if yours is compatible.
Thanks, but I didn't have a Sansa Clip Zip and Clip Sport MP3 player. And at the list of compatible MP3 player, I haven't found my MP3 player
Old 12-05-2017, 10:49 PM   #8
Victoria Jones

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acataloger View Post
I spent some time with Audible.com tech support today solving problems downloading to my new SanDisk Clip Sport Plus. Turns out that this new model requires "Enhanced" instead of "Format 4" at the upper right side of the Audible library list screen. You still use Audible manager as booklover6 said.
I am so sad that I didn't have the SanDisk Clip Sport Plus, my iPod shuffle music player is so old.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:50 PM   #9
Victoria Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
There used to be a huge list of players that can play Audible audiobooks, but as people move to playing in apps via phones and tablets, that list has gotten much smaller. Did a quick Google search and got this:

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answ...FpWG96bg%3D%3D
None of them is my music player.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:53 PM   #10
Victoria Jones

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
I thought there were still mp3 devices that you can officially side-load to via the PC app? But it's been years since I used that method.

I use a spare inactive cellphone with the Audible app as my portable player.
I just have a phone and my music player, without any other kinds of a spare cellphone. Oh, how foolish I am! I threw all my old phone! God!
Old 12-05-2017, 10:58 PM   #11
Victoria Jones

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Short answer is no. More complicated answer is that it is possible if you want to remove the drm and convert to mp3, assuming of course that this is legal in your jurisdiction.
It is the first time that I hear about DRM. Can I just remove the drm only for personal use?? Or I need to search for the Internet to find out some legal DRM for use?
Old 12-06-2017, 12:02 AM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria Jones View Post
I am so sad that I didn't have the SanDisk Clip Sport Plus, my iPod shuffle music player is so old.
IIRC the Shuffle will play Audible files downloaded to and transferred via iTunes.

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answ...47/c/3089,3339

Quote:
It is the first time that I hear about DRM. Can I just remove the drm only for personal use?? Or I need to search for the Internet to find out some legal DRM for use?
Google AAX2MP3
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:35 AM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I'm pretty sure I have Enhance on my Clip Zip. I've never used Format 4.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm pretty sure I have Enhance on my Clip Zip. I've never used Format 4.

Sent from my XT1528
The Clip Sport Plus is the only Clip that doesn't support Format 4. The other five Clips support both formats (4 & e).
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #15
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
We really aren't allowed to discuss exactly how to remove DRM here. A starting point is to Google "Audible DRM" and move on from there.

The exact legalities of removing DRM from ebooks, audiobooks, etc, is at best up in the air. Some would argue that it's allowable for personal use when you are format shifting using video tape and CD ripping as examples that were upheld by the US Supreme Court (other countries have their own laws about such things). Others point to later laws which bar removing DRM. My personal take is that as long as it's for personal use and you don't start giving away copies, no one is going to bother you.

As a note, I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so my opinion is just that, my personal opinion.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote