Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-12-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
weberr
New old guy
weberr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
File Browser

Prior to most recent upgrade, I could toggle between listing files by filename and listing by TOCentry as the two options were buttons at the bottom of the files panel. Now that is gone and the only way to 'toggle' is to select one or the other from the View menu. Did I somehow turn off the toggle buttons? Or was that option removed for some reason?
weberr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by weberr View Post
Prior to most recent upgrade, I could toggle between listing files by filename and listing by TOCentry as the two options were buttons at the bottom of the files panel. Now that is gone and the only way to 'toggle' is to select one or the other from the View menu. Did I somehow turn off the toggle buttons? Or was that option removed for some reason?
It is possible to 'Dock' both in the same area. Wen you succeed, you get 'tabs' at the bottom
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
weberr
New old guy

Wow, that was quick. Thanks. But I am not familiar with the term 'Dock' and do not understand what you are telling me to do. I have been able to get the two lists stacked by turning both on in the view menu -- but that doesn't give me any buttons.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Wow, that was quick. Thanks. But I am not familiar with the term 'Dock' and do not understand what you are telling me to do. I have been able to get the two lists stacked by turning both on in the view menu -- but that doesn't give me any buttons.
Dock is when the 'Lock in' to the main window.
Docking a single is fairly easy, when you hit the right sopt it 'snaps in'
Getting the secon to Dock on top is fussy (they typically want to tile)

Align the upper edge with the main window frame corner
Old 07-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #5
weberr
New old guy

Thanks for your help. I now understand 'docking' and the 'fussiness.' After many tries I apparently found the magical spot and it snapped into place -- but I haven't a clue as to where or what the hotspot is.
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thanks for your help. I now understand 'docking' and the 'fussiness.' After many tries I apparently found the magical spot and it snapped into place -- but I haven't a clue as to where or what the hotspot is.
Neither do I, I just fuss and it happens
Old 07-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Neither do I, I just fuss and it happens
The hard part is getting the tabs in the right order, so that Files is first, I also dock the Live CSS panel there.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote