Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-15-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Bunyan, John: Pilgrim's Progress. Alt Version 15 May 07

Bob Russell asked for an annotated version of Pilgrim's Progress so I offer this one taken from the fine folks at Project Gutenberg.

It differs in several ways from the version posted by Dr. Drib:

1. There are annotations to the related Bible passages. These are enclosed in square brackets and inline with the text. The Bible in use when it was written was the King James and almost all Bibles follow the same numbering scheme. (I have read exceptions in some less than good translations written to support a specific small group.)
2. There are numbers in front of many of the passages providing a method of reference to specific areas of the story.
3. There are no section identifiers. (I have never seen section numbers in Pilgrim's Progress until I saw them in Dr. Drib's version; however, since then I have found several versions that do have the section markers.)

So here is an alternative version for your reading pleasure. (Don't worry, the basic book is the same in both versions.)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Pilgrims Progress.lrf (256.3 KB, 1454 views)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:01 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Very nice! From the format, to the picture, to the MR logo. All top notch!

It complements Dr Drib's very well. I like both.

Hmm, now I wonder if anyone is up to the even more enormous task of a third version including links to the scripture references?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2007, 03:04 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Very nice. I especially love the cover pages you produce for your books.

So who's up for that "third" version??!!

(I'm going to start work on an omnibus Captain Trouble series...pure "trash," but sometimes this is needed to offset the wonderful classics collection.)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
i would like the third version too. maybe someday if i ever learn designerbook but that will never happen
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote