Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM   #3076
Tokudoku
Tokudoku began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You said your new firmware was 5.8.10.1. I haven't seen any success on that particular firmware.
That one is not downgradeable.
Isn't the below a successful result from a PW3 on 5.8.10.1 - or am I missing something here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigismond0 View Post
I just wanted to drop a line and say that my new PW3 was successfully jailbroken using the instructions here. It was purchased in December and shipped with 5.8.10.1, and I had already registered the device with Amazon and used it for a couple of weeks before jailbreaking. I followed the directions in the first post, with a few notes:

* Used 5.7.4 for downgrade, since there were no reliable links for 5.8.9.0.1.
* Used the nomax hotfix.
* Updated to 5.8.11 after the jailbreak, at which point the Kindle required me to re-register with Amazon before use. While it was reset and on 5.7.4, it worked without being registered.

The only huiccup I ran into was forgetting to reset before doing the downgrade, then resetting after the downgrade. ;installHtml didn't do anything. After a second downgrade (really a side-grade, since it was from 5.7.4 to 5.7.4), everything ran as expected.

So for anyone in a similar situation, things look promising! Thanks everyone for all the great work done here.
Tokudoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM   #3077
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokudoku View Post
Isn't the below a successful result from a PW3 on 5.8.10.1 - or am I missing something here?
That is the only one I have seen and since there is no additional information I would be careful.
Cinisajoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:17 AM   #3078
Tokudoku
Tokudoku began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
That is the only one I have seen and since there is no additional information I would be careful.
There's a few more examples - but also examples of failures (My previous brick included) but as knc1 mentioned, there's no conclusive pattern as to what is causing the bricks vs successful flashes.

Yeah I'll wait it out until we have more information, can't risk a second brick as I'm pretty sure the store I purchased from wont replace it a second time.
Tokudoku is offline   Reply With Quote