Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Cloud provider internal error

I have started having a problem with my cloud connection. When I try and connect I get asked to sign in again which is unusual. After I signin I get an error "Cloud provider internal error", screenshot attached. I can use the same signon from a browser on the tablet with CC and it works. I have sent you the log directly from CC as I didn't know how to attach it here. Thank-you........Jackie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cc_cloud_error.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	161443  
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #2
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Cloud provider internal error - log file

Here is the log file. I didn't know how to clear it and start fresh. I am sorry but you will have it twice. I originally sent it from CC directly to you. I did try resetting the cloud connection and starting again but it didn't make any difference.

New update. The tablet having the error is one that I set up for my mother to use only as an ereader, she does nothing else on this tablet. Her version of CC is 5.2.4.4 (357).

I just connected to the same library in the One Drive cloud using the same signin from CC on my tablet. It works from my tablet. My version is 5.4.1.2 (385). On both systems Google Play says that CC is up-to-date.

Thanks for a great product........Jackie
Attached Files
File Type: txt calibre.companion.debug.log.txt (468.6 KB, 223 views)
Old 01-12-2018, 05:13 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
New update. The tablet having the error is one that I set up for my mother to use only as an ereader, she does nothing else on this tablet. Her version of CC is 5.2.4.4 (357).

I just connected to the same library in the One Drive cloud using the same signin from CC on my tablet. It works from my tablet. My version is 5.4.1.2 (385). On both systems Google Play says that CC is up-to-date.

Thanks for a great product........Jackie
The CC version is the problem. In July/August 2017 Microsoft made changes that broke CC's Onedrive connection. CC version 5.3.4.3 and up contain a work-around.

It is a mystery why your mother's tablet is reporting 5.2.4.4 as being up-to-date. It clearly isn't the latest CC available. What version do you see if you go to the Play Store and search for CC? You should see the version number if you tap the "More Info" button. If you haven't already done it, you might try the universal palliative: reboot the tablet.

Assuming the tablet refuses to update CC (again, why), you can recover by doing a CC backup, uninstalling CC, reinstalling CC, then restoring the backup (including the database). Depending on the google account you are using you might get the latest beta, but that won't hurt anything.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #4
jjansen
J

Chaley, Thanks, I am guessing that this is totally my fault. I was trying to set up a tablet as an extremely simple ereader for my senior mother. This was the third device and setup that I tried. It looked like it might be successful so I switched her from my google id for testing to her own and obviously didn't install CC properly. I personally am properly licensed and pay something extra to you every so often as I think it is an outstanding product. Obviously in my testing for her I did something I shouldn't have and then I left the country for 7 months. I came home for Christmas to this problem. I will resolve it properly quickly. I had checked Google Play for updates, I didn't look at individual programs.

My apologies. I was in the wrong. Now I just need to properly install the correct version without losing her database and setup. Thanks again for an outstanding product.......Jackie
Old 01-13-2018, 02:42 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
Chaley, Thanks, I am guessing that this is totally my fault. I was trying to set up a tablet as an extremely simple ereader for my senior mother. This was the third device and setup that I tried. It looked like it might be successful so I switched her from my google id for testing to her own and obviously didn't install CC properly.
One solution is to get the APK from a working device and email it to an address usable on her device. You can then install it and it should work. The problem with this approach is that she won't get automatic updates.
Quote:
I personally am properly licensed and pay something extra to you every so often as I think it is an outstanding product. Obviously in my testing for her I did something I shouldn't have and then I left the country for 7 months. I came home for Christmas to this problem. I will resolve it properly quickly. I had checked Google Play for updates, I didn't look at individual programs.

My apologies. I was in the wrong. Now I just need to properly install the correct version without losing her database and setup. Thanks again for an outstanding product.......Jackie
You have my thanks for your long term and continued support. And don't worry about "being in the wrong". If I went away for 7 months then I don't think I would be able to remember I even set up the tablet, much less what I had done with it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote