Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-10-2009, 04:02 AM   #1
Tectonic
Tech Lust
Tectonic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700, HP iPaq 210
Smaller fonts?

Is there a way to have smaller fonts than what's already on the reader? I've seen the possibility of custom fonts in this forum but I'm uncertain on how to proceed.
Tectonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:21 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
check out book designer and the guide in my sig.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
Tectonic
Tech Lust

So if I understand correctly, I have to change my .lrf files to something that book designer can open. Once that's done, I have to embed smaller fonts in the document and then reconvert to .lrf?
Old 02-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectonic View Post
Is there a way to have smaller fonts than what's already on the reader? I've seen the possibility of custom fonts in this forum but I'm uncertain on how to proceed.
Try this tool
lrf2lrf ( Requires calibre this tool changes fonts and margins)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24978

and there here is also these tools.

LRF converter
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28707

LRF Editor
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29161

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
Tectonic
Tech Lust

That worked, thank you.

Now how to I reduce the blank space between each line of text? The font is now much smaller but the text seems to be triple or quadruple spaced.
Advert
Old 02-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Hm I've never experienced this myself, usally the font decrease fixes any spacing issue. You might want to try LRF Conver and covert the text to RTF or an ePUB and see if you get better results.

Another thing if you use the lrf2lrf tool is try decreasing all the fonts and see if this fixes your problem (I RECOMMEND you try this on a copy LRF not your original file)

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote