Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
Vivi
Vivi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question How to buy/download kindle books from Amazon website in Asia Pacific Area?

I bought a Kindle 3 a few days ago, and now I am in China. I have registered the account and set up my credit card on Amazon website, however, I cannot download kindle books through kindle or laptop. I guess there's a "IP lock", which can detect my IP address. If the IP is not US or UK, the kindle books cannot be downloaded.

Are there any solutions? Thanks for your help.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
Works fine for me in China, at least to download through Computer (have an old Kindle with US only 3g). Can you go to the Amazon webpage at all? Is your account registered with a US address and credit card? That is what I have.
ichbindasauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
Vivi

I can go to the Amazon webpage. My account was registered with a US address. However, the credit card # is belong to China Merchant Bank.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:06 AM   #4
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
Can you download books you have bought before? What error message do you get?
ichbindasauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
Vivi

I cannot buy any books using Kindle. If I click the "books" link, I cannot find any books there.

I guess Amazon doesn't allow people to buy/read books/magazines using Kindle outside US/UK, sigh...
Old 07-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #6
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Have you tried Amazon customer service they're generally very good
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
Vivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Have you tried Amazon customer service they're generally very good
This is a good idea. I have contacted the Amazon customer service, and the problem has been fixed.

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks for your help, too. ichbindasauge.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
patientxtr
Enthusiast
patientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it is

Device: Likebook Mars, Kindle 3(sold), Jetbook Lite (gave away)
I am using my credit card which I got from my local bank (I am in Turkey) the important part is to use an US address as the cards address too not just the shipping address you also should use the US one with your card too. It is very easy to do in my case also a few days before I used another one of my cards in a kindle book purchase which doesnt have the US address and it worked. I think once you made a few purchases with your" us address using credit card" you can use whatever you want ...
patientxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #9
Vivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by patientxtr View Post
I am using my credit card which I got from my local bank (I am in Turkey) the important part is to use an US address as the cards address too not just the shipping address you also should use the US one with your card too. It is very easy to do in my case also a few days before I used another one of my cards in a kindle book purchase which doesnt have the US address and it worked. I think once you made a few purchases with your" us address using credit card" you can use whatever you want ...
The customer service guy fixed the problem. I used "chat" function on the Amazon website to get contact with the customer service guy.