Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
nycaleksey
nycaleksey began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Question EPub conversion stylesheet.css problem

Hi,

I am using Calibre for converting Russian language FB2 books to EPubs and in order to make EPubs readable in Nook I am adding custom CSS code from this hint (http://nookdevs.com/Font_Changes#Non-Asian_Languages) to force Nook to use Unicode fonts.
The hint works fine, however there is a slight problem - some parts of resulting EPub are still unreadable on Nook because default font is being used. After some troubleshooting I am able to fix this by manually editing stylesheet.css and replacing "font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;" to "font-family: "DroidFont", serif;" in all class definitions.

My question is - is it possible to configure Calibre in a way that all classes are defined with DroidFont and not TimeNewRoman, so that there is no need for manual stylesheet.css editing ?

Thank you.
nycaleksey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no general way, it depends on what fonts the input document you are converting has defined.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert