Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
Zorz
Zealot
Zorz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Tailored K2 case recoomendation

I got a K2 for Christmas and love it, but need a case for it. I want something that protects the device, but does not add a lot of bulk or weight. I am a bit cautious of the Kindles hinge as I dont want a cracked kindle. Id much rather a strap in system.
Zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:17 AM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
You're right to distrust the hinge. Many people have cracked their screens by inadvertently opening the cover from the wrong side.

There are a number of covers out there that don't employ the Kindle's hinge system to securely fashion the Kindle in place. I believe some of those options are in the Kindle store, but I could be wrong about that. My favorite covers for the Kindle (not on the Kindle site or affiliated with Amazon) are the Oberon covers. You can get them with straps or Velcro backing. I've recommended them so many times now that I'm afraid people are going to start thinking I'm getting a kickback from the company. Other folks here can tell you of other covers, some of which may met your personal needs better (for example, there's AquaPac, a company that produces waterproof covers, and another company whose covers are built like a virtual tank for maximum protection).

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-06-2010 at 02:19 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 02:28 AM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BookArmor (tm) Travel Case for Kindle 2 are the maximum protection covers I mentioned in that previous post. I'm not recommending one, as I don't have any firsthand knowledge, but they appear to offer a very high degree of protection, and are worthy of your consideration.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:36 AM   #4
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I should add that the Oberon covers, while in my estimation the most beautiful on the market, do have a bit of heft to them. Most of the time, but not always, I remove my Kindle from the cover while I'm reading it. (I mention this because you said you wanted a cover that didn't add much weight.)
Old 01-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I'm a big fan of the Noreve covers and their rail system. Very slim, and don't add much bulk. They make DX covers, too.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
RANorton
RANorton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I like my M-Edge cover. It's quite secure, provides some protection, and looks nice.
RANorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:38 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I should add that the Oberon covers, while in my estimation the most beautiful on the market, do have a bit of heft to them. Most of the time, but not always, I remove my Kindle from the cover while I'm reading it. (I mention this because you said you wanted a cover that didn't add much weight.)
Oh... they are beautiful... When I'm rich I'll buy one...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:49 AM   #8
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Oh... they are beautiful... When I'm rich I'll buy one...
Oh.. stuff it! I'm rich enough...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:46 AM   #9
Zorz
Zealot
Zorz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
I ended up going with the belkin, its not the best but it works.
Zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #10
Just Me
Just Me began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
I nearly bought the belkin, but instead got m-edge trip and latitude cases. I use my trip daily and the latitude for more protection when I travel. Love them both-great colors, well made, great protection, light, not bulky.
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I recommend NOREVE, but they're expensive - about $85 - but well-worth it, in my opinion.

I bought two - one each for my two Kindle 2s.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #12
gin_ger
gin_ger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Noreve USA has closed shop

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopi...31186&p=207851
gin_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:11 AM   #13
mark.a.smith
mark.a.smith began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 and kindle on iPhone
I cannot find a good case for my K2 in Australia, specifically I'm after a platform type case but M-edge won't deliver to Oz! They deliver the booklights however!
I've made my own case from some old vinyl, and it works well enough, at least until I get sufficient time to make a good leather case, I'll carve it and lace the edges to make it look a bit special!
mark.a.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #14
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Hey mark, I am selling my oberon on ebay.com.au at the moment. Actually, check out ebay, I think there is now an Australian distributor for M Edge.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote