Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #1
vt100
vt100 began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook-Lite
Please allow me to introduce myself...

Hi,
I'm vt100. My screen name is the name of an old Digital Equipment Corp character based terminal. Kind of relates to my age

I've been lurking for a few weeks checking out reviews and opinions. I've ordered (but not received) my first e-book reading device, the smartv7. I learned of it while lurking here and although it is not officially an e-book reader, it is a MID that will run e-book reader applications. I have followed the e-reader evolution from the sidelines, mostly because I work in IT, and finally decided to find out more about them and pick one up.

I live in Northwest Indiana. My favorite genres include science fiction, science fact, technology, history, and current events.

Thanks for reading,
vt100
vt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:36 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, vt100

You probably know your way around the forums by now, so I'll mention a couple of places you may want to check out.

The beautifully formatted scifi ebooks uploaded by some dedicated MR members right here on MR

Sci-fi authors you (and I) should read thread

scifi reading recommendation thread

Baen free scifi ebooks
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 03:26 AM   #3
vt100

Thank you for the welcome and the helpful links, dreams! Greatly appreciated
Old 12-12-2009, 07:45 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Please allow me to welcome you to MobileRead, vt100.

Last edited by MickeyC; 12-13-2009 at 06:57 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:55 AM   #5
vt100

Thank you for the welcome Cassidym. I used to live in your area, most of my family still does, great place to live.
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt100 View Post
Thank you for the welcome Cassidym. I used to live in your area, most of my family still does, great place to live.
I tell people we have two seasons here; August and Winter.

Actually, the only real downside living here is, since DC is the Nation's capital, there are some places in the city where the lawyers and politicians outnumber the humans!

Last edited by MickeyC; 12-13-2009 at 07:23 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome. I use to repair VT100 terminals many many moons ago.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:29 AM   #8
vt100

lol cassidym! I know what you mean, worked downtown for about 3 years. And my brother-in-law is a DC atty

Kennyc, Thank you for the welcome. You've got me beat! I have seen 'em but the oldest I've worked on was the vt220 and some Televideo terminals.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobilRead, vt100

Enjoy the forums.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote