Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
codrutoctavian
Enthusiast
codrutoctavian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
PRS-505 does not see books on SD after upgrading computer

I have recently upgraded my computer from a white Macbook to a Macbook Pro. I have de-authorized the old computer from the Sony Ebook-store. I have now authorized the new Macbook Pro with the Sony Ebook-store and I have even re-authorized the PRS-505 with the Ebook-store. I cannot see any book stored on the SD card. I have re-downloaded the purchased content on the new computer. I cannot see now any book stored on SD card. I have chosen to store all my books on the SD cards, since the size of all the books does not fit in the reader internal memory (29 books in 338 MB). In Sony eBook Library I cannot synchronize individual books, so I must sync (all) my ebooks either on my internal memory or on the SD card. I am using a SanDisk II of 2 GB SD card. I must mention that I am using Sony eBook Library 3.0 on Snow Leopard (not officially supported). What can I do? Please help!

Thanks,
Codrut
codrutoctavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:01 AM   #2
codrutoctavian
Enthusiast
codrutoctavian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I resolved the issue by formatting the SD card on a digital camera. It seems the reader doesn't like the card when formatted with Disk Utility for some reason. So, if anyone else encounter this problem should try reformatting the card using a device.
codrutoctavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert