Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2008, 03:16 AM   #1
Sundowner
Sundowner began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Problem with eBook library

Hello all,

I've got a problem with the eBook library program (Version 2.2). (The software program that comes with the PRS-505)

The View area takes up the whole screen and I can't find a way to get back to seeing the whole of the Main Window.

Has anyone had the same problem?

thanks,
Sundowner
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Click on the little square icon at the bottom right of the screen (it has little arrows in it). It is the one for entering and exiting full screen view.Or press esc. Or F11. They all have the same effect.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #3
Sundowner

Thanks Patricia,

However there is no square icon in the bottom right hand corner, only a triangle that is for resizing the window. Pressing F11 has no effect.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Did you try the Escape key?
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:17 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Someone else has reported the same problem here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32143

So maybe it's a bug in the system. I'd try contacting Sony. Do let us know what happens.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #6
Sundowner

You're right. Fozzer (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32143) is having exactly the same problem. I sent a query to Sony by email and I'll post the reply. (that is assuming I get one)

If there is a permanent problem with the software, is there any problem with using Windows Explorer in loading & unloading books to & from the 505?

thanks,
Sundowner
Old 11-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
You're right. Fozzer (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32143) is having exactly the same problem. I sent a query to Sony by email and I'll post the reply. (that is assuming I get one)

If there is a permanent problem with the software, is there any problem with using Windows Explorer in loading & unloading books to & from the 505?

thanks,
Sundowner
If you use explorer for loading content, you won't have the content pre-paginated not will you be able to use collections. However, you could use Calibre to be able to have collections. But, you'll still have to wait for the reader to sort out the paging.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
TFlex
TFlex began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
The ebook library loaded fine on to my computer but it wont let me connect to the internet. My internet is on and everything, it keeps saying page unavailable. If anyone can help that'd be awesome.
TFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:17 AM   #9
comtrjl
Connoisseur
comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you have a problem with the way the Sony software displays, try looking for a folder called 'kinoma' (somewhere under 'Documents and Settings') and then rename it. If it doesn't help, you can always rename it back again. If you do rename it, the software will start up much faster and create a new 'kinoma' directory.
bob
comtrjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #10
TFlex
TFlex began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Ok, I finally got it to work last night. Come to find out I needed to turn off my firewall. Thats all. I feel like such a dummy. Thanks tho!
TFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #11
Sundowner

To round off my contribution to the thread, I received a reply from Sony which was to reinstall the software. I did this but the problem persisted.

Interestingly, I folllowed comtrjl's tip, ie I located the folder named kinoma in Documents and Settings and renamed it. Oddly enough the eBook software now works fine.

Thanks comtrjl.

Puzzling that Sony didn't know about it.

Sundowner
Old 12-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #12
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
Hi, I am new to the digital reader things and had the same problem. I reloaded the software with no luck. I got the hubby who is a bit of a buff to have a look and he was able to fix the problem. Here is my non tech description that maybe someone can clarify this with a better use of words. It turned out the be the divider between the list of files and the files themselves had been moved totally to the right. Once he click on the left edge with the mouse and dragged it over to the right I was able to have the 2 columns again. As I said, maybe someone can describe it better but it fixed my screen and I have never had the same problem.
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote