Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > Kindle Books (offline)

Notices

Old 09-29-2008, 06:30 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Post Piper, H. Beam: SF Anthology. v2, 29 Sep 2008

An anthology of all the public domain SF by H. Beam Piper which is not in the "Terro-Human Future History" or "Paratime" series'. The items in this anthology are:
  • Time and Time Again (Astounding Science Fiction, April 1947)
  • He Walked Around the Horses (Astounding Science Fiction, April 1948)
  • The Mercenaries (Astounding Science Fiction, March 1950)
  • Flight From Tomorrow (Future combined with Science Fiction Stories. Sept-Oct 1950)
  • Rebel Raider (True: The Man's Magazine, Dec 1950)
  • Operation R.S.V.P. (Amazing Stories, Jan 1951)
  • Dearest (Weird Tales, March 1951)
  • Day of the Moron (Astounding Science Fiction, Sept 1951)
  • Null-ABC (Astounding Science Fiction, Feb-Mar 1953) *
  • The Return (Astounding Science Fiction, Jan 1954) *
  • Lone Star Planet (Ace Books, 1958) *
  • Graveyard of Dreams (Galaxy Magazine, Feb 1958)
  • Hunter Patrol (Amazing Stories, May 1959) *
  • Crossroads of Destiny (Fantastic Universe Science Fiction, July 1959)
  • The Answer (Fantastic Universe Science Fiction, Dec 1959)

* Written jointly with John Joseph McGuire.

Most of the stories are illustrated, hence the large file size.

This now completes all the SF works of H. Beam Piper that are currently in the public domain.

Enjoy!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
An anthology of all the public domain SF by H. Beam Piper which is not in the "Terro-Human Future History" or "Paratime" series'. The items in this anthology are:
  • <...>

Enjoy!
Bless you, but I need to point out a correction. "Graveyard of Dreams" is a Federation story. It's a short form of what became the novel _Junkyard Planet_, also published as _The Cosmic Computer_.

Properly speaking, it belongs in the Terro-Human Future History Omnibus.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thank you - I'll move it at some point. "The Cosmic Computer" is in the "Future History" omnibus, of course.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:14 AM   #4
derrick_martin
derrick_martin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks from me too; this saves me the hassle of having lots of small stories. I'd like to help if I can ever get some free time from reading stories!

Most of these stories I haven't read before, but of the three I recognise:

He Walked Around the Horses: sometimes considered to be a Paratime story (although it's not explicitly one, it could be interpreted as such)

Graveyard of Dreams: As DMcCunney mentions, it's a short version (very different ending though, I recommend reading both versions) of 'Cosmic Computer' so is a Terro-Human story
derrick_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick_martin View Post
Thanks from me too; this saves me the hassle of having lots of small stories. I'd like to help if I can ever get some free time from reading stories!

Most of these stories I haven't read before, but of the three I recognise:

He Walked Around the Horses: sometimes considered to be a Paratime story (although it's not explicitly one, it could be interpreted as such)

Graveyard of Dreams: As DMcCunney mentions, it's a short version (very different ending though, I recommend reading both versions) of 'Cosmic Computer' so is a Terro-Human story
And looking again, "Rebel Raider" isn't SF at all. It's a fictionalized account of the doings of Colonel John S. Mosby, a Confederate States of America cavalry commander during the US Civil War, noted for what we would think of as guerrilla warfare tactics. (One of the bits of Mosby's practice that stuck in the public imagination was his refusal to carry a saber like most calvarymen. Instead, he carried two pistols, worn with the handles facing forward, so he could draw either gun with either hand from either side at need.)
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2012, 04:52 AM   #6
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
And looking again, "Rebel Raider" isn't SF at all. It's a fictionalized account of the doings of Colonel John S. Mosby, a Confederate States of America cavalry commander during the US Civil War, noted for what we would think of as guerrilla warfare tactics. (One of the bits of Mosby's practice that stuck in the public imagination was his refusal to carry a saber like most calvarymen. Instead, he carried two pistols, worn with the handles facing forward, so he could draw either gun with either hand from either side at need.)
______
Dennis
This got my interest.

And thank you HarryT.
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote