Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2017, 08:35 AM   #76
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
Oh well. I'd still really like to get the other margins like the OP's though. I've got a Mac so SSH should be more straightforward than on Windows if I knew how.
There is a thread here for ssh on a Mac, with pictures IIRC.
Try using the 'advanced search' feature of the forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:21 PM   #77
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Hi Waylander

Ok, ready for the next step?

You have to install (it's very simple) a view things on your reader:

1) KUAL
2) USB-Network
at least.
3) Then try to connect your reader over SSH with your mac. Do as explained in the first post (SPOILER). Klickme...

Last edited by Analogus; 01-26-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2017, 07:13 PM   #78
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Great, thanks. All pretty straightforward. Thanks for getting back to me.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:44 AM   #79
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm trying to install the USBnetwork .bin file on my KOA, but the update option remains grey. I've restarted the device, re-copied the .bin file into the root, and the option is still greyed out. What am I doing wrong?
Old 01-27-2017, 11:08 AM   #80
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
You must use MrPI to install USBNetwork bin (or any other non-Amazon-signed
[= bin files created by MobileRead users] bin file, with the exception of "hotfix" bin package).
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2017, 05:55 AM   #81
Waylander
Fanatic

OK, I've done that now. I then followed the instructions in the linked post about setting SSH up, but even though I did the search-bar step, my device still showed up as connected to my Mac when I plugged it in.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:48 AM   #82
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Use KUAL's USBNetwork submenu (button "Toggle USBNetwork") to toggle the USB mode.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:57 PM   #83
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Hi!

1) You have to toggle the USB-network ONE time to switch it on (button 'Toggle USBNetwork'). Make sure, switching is ok by controlling it with the button'USBNetwork Status'.

2) then after that, type in the search-bar on your reader ';UN'

3) then plug in your reader with the USB-cable. Now it should not shop up the 'pluged-in-screen'
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:08 AM   #84
Waylander
Fanatic

Hi. I don't seem to have the USBNetwork button "Toggle USBNetwork" in KUAL, which probably means it hasn't installed properly. I'll have another go and get back to you.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:13 AM   #85
Waylander
Fanatic

OK, re-did USBNetwork .bin in the mrpackages folder and now have the USBNetwork toggle in KUAL, so at least that's that bit sorted.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:17 AM   #86
Waylander
Fanatic

Right, done the ;un bit, which has worked. Now proceeding on with the next stages. Thanks again for all your help and patience guys. Much appreciated.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:28 AM   #87
Waylander
Fanatic

OK, I hand typed in the ping etc etc and it now works so no worries.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:23 AM   #88
Waylander
Fanatic

OK, I have SSH access. The instructions linked to on the third page of this thread were a bit confusing because Analogus has already created the Jar file, so what happens now? Where do I drop his Jar file?
Old 01-30-2017, 10:02 AM   #89
Waylander
Fanatic

I tried to replace the existing Jar file with the Jar I downloaded through SSH. I'm using Transmit to do this. However, when I tried to carry this out, I got a message saying that it couldn't be replaced, as it couldn't get a "remote handle". Don't really know where to go now.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:27 AM   #90
shamanNS
Guru

You're replacing original jar file with modified, so the same location.

Quote:
Copy file "/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar"