Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
aspurrell
aspurrell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just finished "The Hunger Games" Trilogy, What's next?

Hey,

I just finished Mockingjay and loved it, I'm sad that the Trilogy is over and now am ready for my next book.

Any ideas for someone who loved The Hunger Games?

I heard that they are breaking Mockingjay in to 2 movies,great way to squeeze money out the fans I guess ha ha

Thanks
aspurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Welcome.

Here's a list you might take a look at...
http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3...e_Hunger_Games
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #3
aspurrell

Great thanks. The first one on the list is "Divergent" which is the one I've been thinking about reading so that's a good sign, Has anybody read it?
Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 AM   #4
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I've read Divergent (and the second book in the series, Insurgent) and enjoyed it a great deal. I know a lot of people (who also loved The Hunger Games) hated it though, so as always with these things, don't take anything for granted!

The first 100 pages of it can be read online on the publisher's website here, so that should give you a good idea if it's something to buy or not.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:20 AM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Divergent's ok, but it's not a patch on the Hunger Games. Skip to entry two, Graceling (and companion/sequels Fire and Bitterblue), though, and you can't go wrong. Of that list, I also like the Westerfeld, Marsden, Bacigalupi, and Young serieses.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
neufsix
Connoisseur
neufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheeseneufsix can extract oil from cheese

Device: Archos A70 eReader, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T2
Divergent and Insurgent are great! I can't compare with Hunger Games though, i didn't read it.
neufsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #7
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
I loved The Hunger Games, but Divergent didn't do anything for me. It wasn't bad, but I just didn't care. I also tried Legend, but couldn't get into it.

I second the recommendation for Scott Westerfeld, though. I really like his Midnighters trilogy, but it's not dystopian, if that's what you are looking for.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #8
Mystweaver
Nameless Being

I'd like to third the Westerfeld suggestion. I read the Uglies series a few years ago, and it seems to be targeting that same kind of audience. It's dystopian and focuses on the a female teenage protagonist.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Are you only interested in childrens' books? It's difficult to know what to recommend without knowing where your tastes lie.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #10
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
You could read Battle Royale. Hunger Games HEAVILY, HEAVILY, HEAVILY, stole-i mean borrowed-from it.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #11
miklizro
Enthusiast
miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 running Aldiko and Kindle and Kindle 3 keyboard
Veronica Roth's Insurgent and Divergent are in a similar vein, though better written in my humble opinon.
miklizro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #12
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
http://jamesaxler.com/. Two series Deathland and Outlands both about a post-apocalyptic world.

Fixed that URL, was wrong.

Last edited by jbcohen; 01-13-2013 at 07:03 PM.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #13
aspurrell

I just downloaded Divergent so ill see how that goes . Thanks for the ideas I have more selections for the future.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #14
~Kate
Connoisseur
~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Fire HDX 8.9, Nexus 7 2013
You might also try another Susanne Collins series starting with Gregor the Overlander Reviewers gave it 4 1/2 stars on Amazon.

I liked it as much as Divergent.
~Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #15
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Thanks for all titles to check out.
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote