Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
epotter
epotter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Case For the 505 and a pad of paper

Can anyone recommend as case for a 505 that could also hold a pad of paper? I don't want 8.5 x 11 sheets, just the 5 X 7.
epotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Many folks have had success with the cases from those inexpensive organizer things you can get at places like Office Depot -- just remove the guts from it.

You could probably find one that has a place to hold a paper pad too. You could just carry your 505 in and start comparing sizes.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #3
aru
Likes to read on e-ink
aru is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
I tried to find a leather binder and could not find one that would really fit. Then I remembered that I had a binder for pencils and pens, which I had bought in Europe twenty years ago. They are very popular there, you use them to neatly organise colored pencils, pens, erasers sherpeners etc.
There were a lot of loops for the pensils, which I eliminated except of one, then I glued some velcro fastener on one side and the appropriate mating pairs to the back of the Sony. Then I glued a piece of acrylic sheet on the other side so that I can attach a PostIt sticky pad to it. This way I always have my reader handy and something to put notes on right with it.
Unfortunately I do not have an address to buy the leather binder from, however I would think that a little googling should bring something to light.

I enclosed a picture which shows my custom cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0468 a.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	11025   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0469 a.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	11026  
aru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
rtmichael
rtmichael began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505/7100i
I posted this a while back:

I found an "AT A GLANCE" planner cover for 4 7/8" x 8" planners perfect for the Reader. You slide the back cover into the slot and you have a zippered cover with a notepad, pen holder and pockets for SD cards and Memory Sticks.

I still love the case.
rtmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
unionmonkey
unionmonkey began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Along the lines of rtmichael,

I just bought a DayTimer (5.5" x 8"). It comes with an accessory pouch in the back which is slightly bigger than the reader's cover. Flipping the cover back allows for the reader to sit atop the planner portion and and across from the pad of paper. The only issues are that it sits somewhat high on the binder rings allowing for the reader to slip to a slight angle when being held and there is some vertical axis give in the pocket. Outside of those issues, it works perfectly
unionmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #6
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
I picked up the "AT-A-GLANCE" planner cover at Staples --- they had it hidden on top of a storage shelf! It only cost eleven dollars and comes in a nice burgundy or black color. It's perfect for the Sony --- you can slip the back part of the original Sony cover in the back sleeve of the planner, and you've got an additional sleeve on the front of the planner into which you can put an aluminum plate if you wish. Also, room for a pad of paper, a pen, and some business/credit cards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Case 001.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	12052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Case 002.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	12053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Case 003.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	12054  
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I keep a pad of paper (and pen, pencil, and mp3 player) in my case which is described here with photos.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote