Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #136
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
Code:
 50% - 707 mAh
 61% - 861 mAh
 75% - 1061 mAh
 88% - 1245 mAh
100% - 1412 mAh
Pretty consistent- as it should be- if you take rounding errors into account. (mAh/%)
The total at 100% dies over time though I believe.. correct? (this was my point before)

when a device begins to "Age" it's maximum cap at 100% is less than that correct? I think I sort of made that point.. in my own inimitable confusing way.

: ) feel feel to throw rocks at the misinformed dumb musician who pretends to know stuff about things electrical...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #137
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
The total at 100% dies over time though I believe.. correct? (this was my point before)

when a device begins to "Age" it's maximum cap at 100% is less than that correct? I think I sort of made that point.. in my own inimitable confusing way.

: ) feel feel to throw rocks at the misinformed dumb musician who pretends to know stuff about things electrical...
You're correct. My PW is pretty new. Just giving ya my current stats... I guess I misunderstood what metrics you wanted.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #138
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NO!!! you didn't at all.

I just realised that as you provided them I didn't make it clear before that the 100% state is the "indicator" in my mind.

Note to self: say what you mean, out loud, state your assumptions... doh!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #139
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
How about adding battery health in terms of percentage? Current capacity vs original capacity? (I'm assuming original capacity is 1,400mAh?)
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #140
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
How about adding battery health in terms of percentage? Current capacity vs original capacity?
That sounds like a plan.

it would also require a sliding extrapolation of likely "time left" as opposed to just recording "time served". Just to make the report a bit more "interesting" to write : )
Advert
Old 02-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #141
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
That sounds like a plan.

it would also require a sliding extrapolation of likely "time left" as opposed to just recording "time served". Just to make the report a bit more "interesting" to write : )
Looking forward to the next version
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #142
twobob

I think anyone could probably jump on this as a "1st time" pet KUAL project.

Volunteers gratefully accepted
Old 02-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #143
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
NO!!! you didn't at all.
That's good. I am thick at times. + I've been sitting in front of this thing too long...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
(I'm assuming original capacity is 1,400mAh?)
I believe it's 1420mAh but I'm not completely sure about that.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #144
twobob

Quote:
That's good. I am thick at times. + I've been sitting in front of this thing too long...

Good info... I will max out the 5 devices I have here tomorrow and see what they say...
Old 03-01-2013, 04:10 AM   #145
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Code:
100% - 1412 mAh
Very similar result... I'm getting 1411mAh for a full charge on the PW (1 month old). That was charge to green light + about 10 minutes using a wall charger. Going to leave it plugged in for most of the day to see if it trickle charges any higher than that.

Quote:
Went looking for teardowns Capacity stamped on battery is indeed 1420mAh

Last edited by Yolina; 03-01-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #146
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by David58117 View Post
How's everyone's battery so far?!

I went from full charge to drained after indexing 302 books yesterday. I charged it again today, indexing was done, but within an hour the battery icon took its first drop.

Curious how everyone else is doing..
My battery is fine but thank you for asking.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #147
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
"Interesting" is an understatement, given just how much a Kindle's power draw can vary over time. Still, if the Kindle Fire can do it (which has an almost-as-variable draw), so can the e-ink Kindles...
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #148
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Went looking for teardowns Capacity stamped on battery is indeed 1420mAh
Awesome. Thanks for the verification.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #149
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
That sounds like a plan.

"According to our measurements, your Kindle will utterly crap out in 3 months 18 days, 4 hours and 2 minutes. Have a nice day."

Uplifting...
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #150
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
"According to our measurements, your Kindle will utterly crap out in 3 months 18 days, 4 hours and 2 minutes. Have a nice day."

Uplifting...
True...

Perhaps the wording could be a little more upbeat..

"Hi! I am happy to inform you that you better start saving soon..."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	panic.png
Views:	196
Size:	986.5 KB
ID:	102172