Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
nook-noob
nook-noob began at the beginning.

Device: NC
Coolreader on NC CM7 - books on SD card

My husband gave me his NC that he rooted with CM7, and I'm still learning to use it. The reading app we've been using is Coolreader. The one thing I cannot figure out is how to have books saved on the SD card and not the NC itself. When I plug in the NC I have the NC and SD windows where I can load books. The only option I can get to work is loading them to the NC itself. I've tried placing them EVERYWHERE on the SD card but cannot find them when I go to the settings in Coolreader. Can easily find it if I load the book to NC. And can only read the book if I have the SD card mounted.

So, how do I load the books on my SD card so that they're not taking up all the space on the NC? Help this noob!
nook-noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
nook-noob

No one has tips on using Coolreader?
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
I'm not sure this answers your question exactly, but in case it helps...
I'm able to keep my books on my MicroSD card and read them using Coolreader on my Samsung galaxy tab 2 7, running ICS.

To do that, I download the books to my MicroSD card, then, in the Coolreader book list, I navigate up to root, then down to the external SD card.

Once there, select "scan all books in directory" to add those books to Coolreader's list, so they show up in the "by author" "by series" "all books" lists. (You have to repeat that anytime you add more books.)

Note that in ICS, they label the internal memory/storage area as "sdcard", and label your microsd card as "extSDcard". They've also made it clunky for apps to interact with external SD cards in general, but that's a whole topic in itself.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
nook-noob

Thanks for the tip. I'll try this to see if I can get it to work (I'm on gingerbread).

Last edited by nook-noob; 08-04-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
nook-noob

OK - I think I found my issue. In Coolreader as I navigate up the directory I see several options and select SDCard. Well, come to find out SDCard is internal memory. emmc is my SDCard. So, I put the file on my SDCard, inserted it, navigated to /emmc/ and was able to find the file. Wow, that was confusing. Seems backwards to me. I would expect /emmc/ to be internal and /SDCard/ to be, well, the SDCard.
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
kmack
kmack has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, EBW-1150
The file system is set up that way on some installs of CM7 on the Nook so that a sdcard is not needed by applications to run on the nook. Doing it that way allows you to swap cards without having to worry about breaking your apps.
kmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
nook-noob

@kmack - good to know. So for other applications it's possible that I need to look at /emmc/ to find my files which are actually on my SDCard, correct?
Old 08-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
kmack
kmack has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, EBW-1150
That's correct.
kmack is offline   Reply With Quote