Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
JBensimon
JBensimon began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
Lightbulb EE/PE Universal Charger Tips

For those of you who've been looking to use a universal charger with your eDGe devices but couldn't figure out the right tip to order, look for whichever one of your charger's available tips is compatible with the old Compaq Presario V3000 laptop. Most charger vendors (for example Targus, Energizer, etc) offer some sort of on-line "tip finder" based on device brand and model, but sadly very few list Entourage devices (Energizer's tip finder does, under the Netbook category).

In my case for example, the right tip for a Targus APA69 family charger (specifically the APA6922) required tip L107.

Needless to say, you must also check that your charger's output voltage range includes the 12V required by eDGe devices / The maximum amperage is not usually a problem since most universal chargers are designed for laptops that draw significantly more than the Pocket eDGe's 1.0Amps (not sure what the larger eDGe's draw is, but it's probably the same or maybe a little more).

Jacques.
JBensimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBensimon View Post
... look for whichever one of your charger's available tips is compatible with the old Compaq Presario V3000 laptop.
Just so happens I purchased the Rocketfish AC power adapter for a laptop which comes with 10 different tips and a guide; though the Compaq was listed the tips recommended do 'not' fit into the edge as they are too large (diameter).
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Sinner3k
Enthusiast
Sinner3k began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, B&N Nook Classic, Pocket Edge, Kindle Fire
Thanks for the info. I have a Targus charger and I was unable to find out which tip would get the job done. It looks a little big, but I'll give it a try.
Sinner3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner3k View Post
Thanks for the info. I have a Targus charger and I was unable to find out which tip would get the job done. It looks a little big, but I'll give it a try.
The tip you are looking for is an 'H' tip.

Have a read of https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=151236 where there are listed several alternate chargers and information on the tips.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote