Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #496
SpecialEd
Enthusiast
SpecialEd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Start Notepad, do not write anything into file, click menu File -> SaveAs and give it name USE_ALT_FONTS
I dont understand that. What type of file should that file be? When I save a file using notepad, it automatically gets the ending .txt.
SpecialEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #497
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialEd View Post
I dont understand that. What type of file should that file be? When I save a file using notepad, it automatically gets the ending .txt.
you may use this file:
Attached Files
File Type: zip USE_ALT_FONTS.zip (160 Bytes, 627 views)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #498
SpecialEd
Enthusiast
SpecialEd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
@thomass: Thank you very much!
I have just successfully installed some new fonts using the described method! It worked fine on my brandnew PW. The knowledge here and the possibilities these devices offer are both amazing! Thanks!
SpecialEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #499
desimaniac
desimaniac began at the beginning.

Device: Kpw
The USE_ALT_FONTS method works on KPW 5.3.5.
desimaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #500
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
I am sooooo disappointed, this method worked great on my paperwhite 1 but works no longer on my paperwhite 2 with firmware 5.4.0. Anybody have an idea why?

Last edited by booknut; 10-10-2013 at 10:45 PM. Reason: typo
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #501
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
I am sooooo disappointed, this method worked great on my paperwhite 1 but works no longer on my paperwhite 3 firmware 5.4.0. Anybody have an idea why?
Design change by Amazon.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #502
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
The PW2 has a folder called "fonts" in the system folder, don't think PW1 had that. I am sure someone will come up with a way to do this eventually. BTY, I tried putting fonts in that folder and it made no difference.

I also fiddled with the Calibre collections plugin for paperwhite 1 and the plugin saw the fonts saved in the fonts folder on the root of the PW2 but of course, and as expected, could not save the font change in the collections setting dialog to the PW2.

Last edited by booknut; 10-19-2013 at 10:20 PM.
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #503
bl0cklkl
bl0cklkl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw
Hello guys, my first post here...

im almost quitting installins apps on my kindle.
its jailbreaked and has kual in it. but no matter ewhere a put the app files, thhey dont work...

can any1 help me?
bl0cklkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:40 PM   #504
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I’m trying to download fonthack-1.3.2.zip from the provided link, and getting only 0Kb file. Have tried a couple of different browsers. And seems to apply to other downloads there as well.

Any suggestions?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:30 PM   #505
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I’m trying to download fonthack-1.3.2.zip from the provided link, and getting only 0Kb file. Have tried a couple of different browsers. And seems to apply to other downloads there as well.

Any suggestions?
Still have issue with download from ge.tt. Can someone else try? THanks.

Last edited by tomsem; 05-17-2020 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:31 AM   #506
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Still have issue with download from ge.tt. Can someone else try? THanks.
Is there some reason you're not trying the fonts hack download from NiLuJe's snapshots thread?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:08 PM   #507
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Is there some reason you're not trying the fonts hack download from NiLuJe's snapshots thread?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
Yes, because the top of this thread points elsewhere for the downloads. Thanks for the redirection!
Old 05-18-2020, 12:26 PM   #508
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Note that both hacks are completely separate, and work entirely differently.

(and, FWIW, ge.tt is borked on my end, too).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:41 PM   #509
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Note that both hacks are completely separate, and work entirely differently.

(and, FWIW, ge.tt is borked on my end, too).

Tags
kindle touch hacks