Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #436
Isles8008
Connoisseur
Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nexus 10, Kindle Paperwhite, iRiver Story HD
WARNING: the 5.3.3 Paperwhite update closes the USE_ALT_FONTS option! I just lost all of my fonts, and all of the foreign language fonts.
Isles8008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #437
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
Wow. Amazon is evil.

edit: Or not. Entirely. See post below this one..

Last edited by notimp; 01-18-2013 at 06:22 PM.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #438
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles8008 View Post
WARNING: the 5.3.3 Paperwhite update closes the USE_ALT_FONTS option! I just lost all of my fonts, and all of the foreign language fonts.
Try restarting another time after the update. That fixed it for others having that problem. Try ;fc-cache first though, that might be enough.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #439
mradu
mradu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Lightbulb "Regular" and "condensed" the same after install

Hello.
I have installed fonthack-1.3.2 and libfreetype-6.8.1 on a Kindle touch with firmware 5.1.2. Everything is ok I can change the fonts, but after instalation i saw that regular and condensed are the same. It seems fonthack change the stock fonts. Reset option of sans and consendsed gave me the same font.
So i like fonthack but if I want to reset to default fonts how I do it?
Are the defaults one available and it's possible to simply overwrite on Kindle?
Thanks
mradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #440
highwaykind
Connoisseur
highwaykind began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamselene View Post
Click:

I've got a Kindle Touch 5.1.2 - is the above screenshot for Paperwhite only, or can I get to a similar screen to easily switch fonts too?

(Just jailbroke and installed everything, and I've got a few fonts working (I love Kievit!) and I can change the default S/SS/C/M - but I can't find the screen like in the screenshot above...)
highwaykind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #441
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
@highwaykind, you have to use the USE_ALT_FONTS method to achieve that. you can search for the info in this forum.

Last edited by yiming; 02-08-2013 at 12:57 PM.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #442
highwaykind
Connoisseur

Excellent, thanks! All working.

If the fonthack is working and you want the extra fonts on the screen:

1. Connect Kindle Touch to PC with USB cable.
2. create empty file with no extension called "USE_ALT_FONTS" (no quotes)
3. <deleted, kindle panics - not sure if because of font I'm using or something else..>

Last edited by highwaykind; 02-08-2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: something is not working..will update when it is
Old 02-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #443
highwaykind
Connoisseur

3. Put the fonts in the fonthack folder , explained in the fonthack README.
(Seems to be working although I can't see all the fonts listed, but I can se the default serif / sans serif / condensed and 4 of my own.. and a named system default one I think. Is there a way to get the screen to look like in the screenshot? Or does everyone with a KT have the lack of space issue?

Could probably be fixed a little by lessening the space between the lines of text so more fits in the "Fonts" box, but I have no idea how to do this..)
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #444
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
@highwaykind, You can use the rejectfont config in this post to achieve what you want.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=424
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #445
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaykind View Post
Excellent, thanks! All working.

If the fonthack is working and you want the extra fonts on the screen:

1. Connect Kindle Touch to PC with USB cable.
2. create empty file with no extension called "USE_ALT_FONTS" (no quotes)
USE_ALT_FONTS method is a completely different from Font Hack and works just fine without Font Hack installed. While it makes no harm to use both of these methods simultaneously, your post assumed that they are interdependent. That's not true, don't be misguided and please don't misguide possible readers of your post.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #446
puxxi2003
puxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch & Tolino
if you use:
touch 5.3.2 -- /mnt/us/fonts -- USE_ALT_FONTS

then you can also block/reject the system-fonts

create a new txt-file (local.conf)

inside local.conf
Code:
<rejectfont>
	<pattern>
		<patelt name="family">
			<string>HeiseiMaruGoth_JIS0213_E</string>
		</patelt>
	</pattern>
	<pattern>
		<patelt name="family">
			<string>HangulGothicMTC-Medium_E</string>
		</patelt>
	</pattern>
	<pattern>
		<patelt name="family">
			<string>MHeiGB18030C-Medium_E</string>
		</patelt>
	</pattern>
	<pattern>                
		<patelt name="family">   
			<string>MHeiC-Medium-Big5HKSCS_E</string>  
		</patelt>                  
	</pattern>                 
	<pattern>                
		<patelt name="family">   
			<string>Futura</string>  
		</patelt>                  
	</pattern> 
</rejectfont>
put it on kindle to
/etc/fonts/local.conf

btw
i like the futura-font and dont reject it

Last edited by puxxi2003; 02-09-2013 at 08:51 PM.
puxxi2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #447
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: PW2
Hey guys, I'm on KT 5.3.2. According to the last post, there is the way to install some custom fonts on the latest FW, I did a little search, but couldn't find it.. Can you help me with that?
April_7th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:27 AM   #448
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 AM   #449
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
Hey guys, I'm on KT 5.3.2. According to the last post, there is the way to install some custom fonts on the latest FW, I did a little search, but couldn't find it.. Can you help me with that?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2335221
It's linked in the first post.
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #450
April_7th
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftail View Post
It's linked for PW 5.3.1.. Does it work for KT 5.3.2?

Tags
kindle touch hacks