Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #1366
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
k2pdfopt v2.41 released

K2pdfopt v2.41 is released. This is mostly a library update, with one minor new feature (erosion filter to thicken text). See details at the web site.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:04 AM   #1367
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
Hi, another question!

Look at the attached files. When I convert this book it ends up like...well very big letters. I just don't understand what is happening.

I use more or less the default settings (for Kobo Aura). I have just added -toc- and -bpc 2. And maybe something more. But the output font size is 12.

And the strange thing is that I have managed to convert this book a couple of months ago without this kind of problem. But I just don't remember how I did it.

I just want to learn more about this.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Original.pdf (468.8 KB, 258 views)
File Type: pdf Convert.pdf (461.4 KB, 276 views)

Last edited by gerhaher; 03-02-2017 at 09:23 AM.
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2017, 08:33 AM   #1368
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhaher View Post
Hi, another question!

Look at the attached files. When I convert this book it ends up like...well very big letters. I just don't understand what is happening here.

I use more or less the default settings (for Kobo Aura). I have just add -toc- and -bpc 2. And maybe something more. But the output font size is 12.

And the strange thing is that I have managed to convert this book a couple of months ago without this kind of problem. But I just don't remember have I did it.

I just want to learn more about this.
This is happening because the page size of your source PDF is very large -- 13.7 x 22.9 inches. That's probably a conversion mistake somewhere in the creation process (maybe it was supposed to be cm?). You can see this by clicking the INFO button in the k2pdfopt GUI (or use the -i command-line option). Use the -ds option to correct for this. E.g. -ds 0.5 will get k2pdfopt to treat the document as if it is half its reported size, e.g. 6.85 x 11.45 inches. In the GUI, you can put the -ds 0.5 option into the "Additional Options" box.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:44 AM   #1369
bagudina
bagudina began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello
My device Kindle Paperwhite 3.
I have trouble converting pdf as seen on images. It breaks lines uneven. I know I have to tweak but I am stuck, I tried couple options but no avail. I played mostly with smart line break, correct ds. I tried orientation in landscape mode but it is the same. I have marked with red and green box text what should come on right place on images down.

INFO OUTPUT:
PDF VERSION: 1.4
PDF PRODUCER: Apache FOP Version 1.1
CREATOR: DocBook XSL Stylesheets with Apache FOP
FILE SIZE: 9661.2 kB (9,893,099 bytes)
PAGES: 778
Page Ref Details
Mediaboxes (1):
1 (8 0 R): [ 0 0 595.275 841.889 ] (8.27 x 11.69 in)
bagudina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:31 PM   #1370
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagudina View Post
Hello
My device Kindle Paperwhite 3.
I have trouble converting pdf as seen on images. It breaks lines uneven. I know I have to tweak but I am stuck, I tried couple options but no avail. I played mostly with smart line break, correct ds. I tried orientation in landscape mode but it is the same. I have marked with red and green box text what should come on right place on images down...
I think a source file like this will probably be best converted with the "fitwidth" conversion mode (see "Conversion Mode" drop down--upper right in GUI) if that results in large enough text on your kindle. Either that, or you'll want to protect parts of the text that you don't want re-flowed as shown on this page.
Advert
Old 03-07-2017, 10:52 AM   #1371
bagudina
bagudina began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
I think a source file like this will probably be best converted with the "fitwidth" conversion mode (see "Conversion Mode" drop down--upper right in GUI) if that results in large enough text on your kindle. Either that, or you'll want to protect parts of the text that you don't want re-flowed as shown on this page.
Thank you very much. Region protection will be my way. Regards
bagudina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #1372
KevinBurke
Enthusiast
KevinBurke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KevinBurke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KevinBurke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KevinBurke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KevinBurke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KevinBurke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KevinBurke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KevinBurke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KevinBurke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KevinBurke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.KevinBurke writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thanks, for this tool, I find it works great in combination with Koreader on my device.
KevinBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:17 AM   #1373
erobic
erobic knows the complete value of PI to the enderobic knows the complete value of PI to the enderobic knows the complete value of PI to the enderobic knows the complete value of PI to the enderobic knows the complete value of PI to the enderobic knows the complete value of PI to the enderobic knows the complete value of PI to the enderobic knows the complete value of PI to the enderobic knows the complete value of PI to the enderobic knows the complete value of PI to the enderobic knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Paper White 3
Thank you

This is definitely the best solution to convert pdfs into a form readable by e-readers (mine being Amazon PaperWhite 3). I have found that images and multiple columns all work well. There are very few caveats, and I would definitely recommend this over Calibre!
erobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:56 AM   #1374
realcarlangas
realcarlangas knows the complete value of PI to the endrealcarlangas knows the complete value of PI to the endrealcarlangas knows the complete value of PI to the endrealcarlangas knows the complete value of PI to the endrealcarlangas knows the complete value of PI to the endrealcarlangas knows the complete value of PI to the endrealcarlangas knows the complete value of PI to the endrealcarlangas knows the complete value of PI to the endrealcarlangas knows the complete value of PI to the endrealcarlangas knows the complete value of PI to the endrealcarlangas knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Paperwhite 2 2013
Thank you, I will try.
realcarlangas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #1375
xpirad
xpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: kobo aura one
willus,thank you for making this amazing tool!!!

I'm wondering if you could add kobo aura one in the device option ,please?
xpirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:12 PM   #1376
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpirad View Post
willus,thank you for making this amazing tool!!!

I'm wondering if you could add kobo aura one in the device option ,please?
See this post (still waiting for somebody to post screen shots).
Old 04-28-2017, 08:34 AM   #1377
xpirad
xpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: kobo aura one
@willus There you are!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	215
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	156408   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	210
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	156409  
xpirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:36 PM   #1378
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpirad View Post
@willus There you are!
Thanks. 1404 x 1713. Will be in next release.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:56 AM   #1379
Boyzzun
Boyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Thanks. 1404 x 1713. Will be in next release.
Dear Willus, your software is amazings, now i can read alot of thing on kindle device. But i ahve issue the when i convert from pdf to kindle, the text is change and i dont want to do that. Thank for your tip about to draw the rectangle on location where i want to fix the text and figures, but this is manully action, i have pdf version with more than 100 pages and i dont want do it all day

So could you suggest me how to automatic draw retangle all pages of pdf file

thank you so much
Boyzzun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:59 AM   #1380
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyzzun View Post
Dear Willus, your software is amazings, now i can read alot of thing on kindle device. But i ahve issue the when i convert from pdf to kindle, the text is change and i dont want to do that. Thank for your tip about to draw the rectangle on location where i want to fix the text and figures, but this is manully action, i have pdf version with more than 100 pages and i dont want do it all day

So could you suggest me how to automatic draw retangle all pages of pdf file

thank you so much
Can you post the 100-page file? If you don't want to post it, send me a private message.

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools