Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 01:17 AM   #196
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
P.S. Turning your PE off (power down) and then on again solves multiple problems.
That's my go-to problem solver for all things electronic, as well!!!
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:10 AM   #197
bumblebum
bumblebum began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe, Kindle 3G, Toshiba NB505, Samsung Gravity
Getting Kindle for ermine

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigittebardak View Post
were you able to install KIndle app? I finally installed fbreader. But I want Kindle as well. And is there a way to get some kinda of a gmail app? I tried for hours yesterday & it took me nowhere - always says: device is not compatible or download directly from the market. duuuh. I would if I could, ding-dong.

so now I feel like i got the device but still can't read books & check mail. my old nokia n90 is way older & much more productive.
I had no problems with anything after my update. I was movin' and groovin'....actually I was quite giddy with excitement. First thing I did was sync my gmail account..no brainer everything is under settings. You should be able to set it up either by the standard e-mail icon and there is also a froyo mail icon.

The second thing I did was launch the browser and go to Amazon. I am an Amazon freak, so I already have an account. It is easy to find the amazon app store and download after that search the app store for free apps. Admittedly, you may play havoc with a few. If they are not compatible they will not load, some are slightly compatible, like my Random Mahjongg Pro which I have on my phone - it WILL download and load on the tablet but no tiles when you actually go into the game...so must uninstall. However the backgammon game which has screen movement Does work. I still playing around with all of it, but I have been a downloading fool since my ermine took up residence.

Good luck and let us know how it is going!
bumblebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #198
lionsfamily
lionsfamily began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
All links to the website for upgrades enTourage eDGe to Android 2.2 are down. Did anyone saved a .zip file and can email it to me?
lionsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #199
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfamily View Post
All links to the website for upgrades enTourage eDGe to Android 2.2 are down. Did anyone saved a .zip file and can email it to me?
You can download the Ermine upgrade and Dingo downgrade using a PC and install using one of these links:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...134237&page=13

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:00 AM   #200
scottyikon
scottyikon began at the beginning.

Device: eDGe
I happy to say I get to go to bed this night, http://Happy feet and 5 hours of reading forms and My blue Woot PE is dancing 2.21.

Thanks guys for all your hard work

--Scotty
ABQ, NM
scottyikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 03:04 AM   #201
scottyikon
scottyikon began at the beginning.

Device: eDGe
Any body know the max Micro SD card this PE device will support?
scottyikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #202
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyikon View Post
Any body know the max Micro SD card this PE device will support?
32 GB. Check on other threads for the type and manufacturer of cards that work.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:22 AM   #203
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigittebardak View Post
were you able to install KIndle app? I finally installed fbreader. But I want Kindle as well. And is there a way to get some kinda of a gmail app? I tried for hours yesterday & it took me nowhere - always says: device is not compatible or download directly from the market. duuuh. I would if I could, ding-dong.

so now I feel like i got the device but still can't read books & check mail. my old nokia n90 is way older & much more productive.

Amazon's AppStore did the same thing to me. I finally went to http://slideme.org and got the app for that store and then got the Kindle app with no problem, as slideme.org saw no compatability problem.

Worked right off.

- Andrys
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #204
brigittebardak
brigittebardak began at the beginning.

Device: edge dual book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Have you gone through the process of installing the Amazon Appstore? It's not needed for kindle, I think, but it makes installing kindle and a lot of other apps much easier.
thank you so much!!! I downloaded kindle from slideme.com & it works!!!!!

Last edited by brigittebardak; 09-22-2011 at 11:10 PM.
brigittebardak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 AM   #205
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

brigitte,
I see you're as happy as I was when it just worked with slideme.org
I'm going to contact Amazon support to see if they can change the way they see the "unknown " designation given the Pocket Edge after I put v2.2.1 on it. It doesn't
think the device can do anything but slideme.org can see more clearly :-)

The Pocket Edge comes with very little apps space, so that can present probs sometimes with being able to DL or install a few that need to be put on internal area.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #206
winnit29
winnit29 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge (PE)
Extra thanks!! and then some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebum View Post
Hello to all of you. I am now a proud owner of a red PE.

Prior to my purchase my google search landed me here, I read every forum multiple times about updating to Ermine.

I had trouble. I did everything exactly as instructed. Went to dustfeet.com and downloaded the PE update from Mark Rehorst. No dice.

Had brand new sandisk micro sd cards in 4g, and two 8g's. I also have older innovera 1gm usb.

I formatted six ways to sunday FAT, EXFAT, FAT 32. No dice.

What I figured out by breaking everything down to it's simplest form....is that I probably cannot read or I just clearly did not understand that the ONLY thing I needed to do was download the following file:

http://dustyfeet.com/edge/p-update.zip.ermine-0.9.zip

and plug in the USB and hold down the Menu and Rotate buttons and then turn the power on to the PE.

Abracadabra. I went from Dingo 1.6 to Android 2.2.1

In reading all of the forums I was under the misunderstanding that I needed the file that was 383mb. I really ONLY needed the 141mb.

My PE could see the larger file, but it did not want it.

I just never came accross the simple baby steps to acquire ermine. I had spent the last week doing all of the disecting by deleting the pdf,. instructions from the download but I clearly did not understand that I did not need the golden update that IS the dingo 1.6.

I am so delighted to finally have the update. A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM!!!:
I walked in your footsteps Bumblebum. I did all that you did and then followed your directions and still nothing.

Then, I decided to download the file from dustyfeet using it's full name to my flashdrive, plug it in to my PE and then rename it from the PE instead of renaming it on the flashdrive from my PC. Then I turned off the PE and went through the sequence of holding down the menu button and turning it on. I expected the same as always, but this time I got the updating message!! I still can't believe it!

I am very excited to play with my PE now and am full of appreciation and excitement thanks to everyone's postings that helped me finally get it updated to Android 2.2.1 Woohoo!
winnit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #207
Wilner1
Wilner1 began at the beginning.

Device: pocket eDEe
HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
You can download the Ermine upgrade and Dingo downgrade using a PC and install using one of these links:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...134237&page=13

Obsessed2 your posts have been super helpful in helping me realize how great my new PE is. I have been trying - very unsuccessfully - to update to 2.2 or 2.2.1 I have tried my micro SD, I've tried my thumb drive, both are formatted to FAT32... How should I be downloading my files? Should I unzip them and add it to my folder. Should I download the update then, save it directly to either my SD or USB? Besides how/where I should download the files my other issue is when I place the files on (USB or SD) I hold the rotate and menu buttons then I turn on my PE. I see "Pocket Edge" with the dots and when the dots reach 3/4 it resets back to 1/4 dots; this isn't the upgrade screen right? Please help
Wilner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #208
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilner1 View Post
Obsessed2 your posts have been super helpful in helping me realize how great my new PE is. I have been trying - very unsuccessfully - to update to 2.2 or 2.2.1 I have tried my micro SD, I've tried my thumb drive, both are formatted to FAT32... How should I be downloading my files? Should I unzip them and add it to my folder. Should I download the update then, save it directly to either my SD or USB? Besides how/where I should download the files my other issue is when I place the files on (USB or SD) I hold the rotate and menu buttons then I turn on my PE. I see "Pocket Edge" with the dots and when the dots reach 3/4 it resets back to 1/4 dots; this isn't the upgrade screen right? Please help
Have you followed the instructions exactly?

1. Download the correct ermine update file for the PE to your PC..
2. Insert USB drive to PC and quick format it to FAT32.
3. Copy the update file to USB stick.
4. If using windows in default mode name the file in the USB stick update.
5. Safely remove and unplug the USB stick from the PC.
6. Plug the USB stick into the PE and use ES File Explorer to check the file is update.zip
7. Switch off the PE leaving the USB stick in place.
8. Hold down the Menu and Rotate buttons.
9. Switch on the PE and keep holding down the buttons until you see the 'updating software' message.
10. The update should now continue.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #209
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnit29 View Post
I walked in your footsteps Bumblebum. I did all that you did and then followed your directions and still nothing.

Then, I decided to download the file from dustyfeet using it's full name to my flashdrive, plug it in to my PE and then rename it from the PE instead of renaming it on the flashdrive from my PC.

Any of the available download links in my resource Sticky should work including the user modded v1.01. If you read the Resource Sticky it clearly says that Mark Rehorst's zip file contains both the Ermine Update and Dingo 1.6 and you need to extract the files and rename them accordingly. However, based on these recent posts I have changed it to now read: This zip file contains TWO files, the Ermine Update and the original Dingo 1.6. Be advised you will need to extract the files manually and rename the appropriate update file depending on whether you are upgrading to Ermine or downgrading to Dingo

I agree with you 100 percent about taking the update file and copying it to a USB drive or SD card and then plugging it into the eDGe and renaming it. This verifies the media is good and eliminates the chance of getting a double zip file (.zip.zip). I asked a new owner to give this a whirl about a week ago when he PMed me asking for advice and after he reported success with the procedure I changed it in the Sticky. Thanks for pointing out the problems you experienced and hopefully this will make it easier for the next person upgrading.

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-28-2011 at 06:21 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #210
andrys
Explorer

I am really enjoying my Pocket Edge (v2.2.1) and when I use the e-Paper to LCD features or any of the many options for looking at or working with the text, and being able to see color diagrams via the LCD screen, it makes me sad to think so much good work was downed by a market where everything has to be super light, super speedy and perfect right out the door... as they did something unique here and it's really pleasant to use.

I think it may have suffered from the more real problems the larger model had (slowness) and didn't get a good chance in the marketplace. On the other hand, the $79 price helped me be more accepting of problems, but even then, I think it wasn't given a good chance.

At any rate, I felt at the time that the reviews seemed unfair to me, not looking at most of the unusual features, even.

- Andrys